• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

So far we've added Josh Howard and a more muscular Pascal Siakam.

Now, it's time to add Jeff Teague and Dallas Walton (backup 5 man) and we should be good to go!

I mean I’m subscribed to trilly’s discord and getting good info from there

buckets, skydivingdeac, and trilly/rothstein have had the most accurate scoops so far imo

Seems like our more traditional sources are getting frozen out by the staff for some reason

9f42ed3a-44f6-4c6a-bcb1-2f6a8b2ee6c0_text.gif
I'm very confused as to who plays what position if we are still recruiting Baba, but cool!

Looking into my crystal ball...

• We finally make the tournament next year as a 9-seed

• We score two early upsets, including of course the #1 seed, with Omaha balling out

• "Omaha" starts trending on social media, fueled largely by ubiquitous Peyton Manning gifs & memes

• By the start of the next weekend, as we enter Sweet 16 play, Peyton himself has picked up on the buzz and - never shy to capitalize on a cultural moment - starts weighing in with his newfound fandom for the Demon Deacs

• He recalls the time Timmy D called to ask him about staying in school for his senior year

• (Ashley Manning is ok with him cheering for Wake, since UVA flamed out again in the play-in game)

• This extra dose of attention and chaos - combined with the unleashing of a pent-up national surge of support for the once-proud, little-engine-that-could program of Duncan, Paul, Childress, Rogers, and Bogues - carries us to the Final Four

• Along the way we've exorcised various March Madness demons, by taking out West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Stanford, and Kentucky (finally free to make a deep run because Calipari was no longer at the helm)

• (The public display of forgiveness of CP3 by Julius Hodge - who is now at peace with NC State's tournament history - is attributed as a major factor in the mysterious lifting of the curse)

• We topple Duke in the championship game, and the entire stadium storms the court, surrounding their overwhelmed coach

• As he fake-limps into the locker room, Scheyerface goes viral

• Hunter Sallis becomes a lottery pick

• Steve Forbes is later invited onto the Manningcast, where he and correctly predicts a scoring play in the red zone, and makes Eli chuckle dumbly

• Just before the end of his segment, he symbolically throws down a Covid mask, dons his Cousin Eddie hat, and proclaims that the end very much was the trophy

• Wake fans everywhere rightly recognize that the apocalypse is nigh

• But we all agree it was worth it
Poetry in motion

feels like Miller is coming from the ultimate (in my mind, at least) positionless team in NCAA hoops: FSU, where every dude is between 6'7" and 6'10" and they all play the same way
I mean I get that, but Baba isn't playing as a wing for Wake. So either Omaha and Spillers are going to play a lot more minutes at the wing than I currently think, or Baba is strangely ok with playing as a backup big for Wake.

In my mind, we currently have Omaha/Spillers to fill pretty much all of the minutes at the 4, and one/both of them will also get some minutes as a wing. So in terms of bigs, we really just need a backup for Reid now, and Baba seems too good to be doing that.

Boopie Miller is not an NBA player and wherever he goes for the next year or two will not turn him into an NBA player. And, changing programs annually is almost certainly not aiding in his development.

Baba Miller was hyped to be an NBA one and done when he entered FSU in the middle of the 2022-23 season.

As of now - I am out of scoops

Noise around Cosby has gone quiet... not sure if that means it's close or it's going the William Kyle route

I think there's at least one more exciting recruit on campus this week (plus 2-3 role player types)

24/7 is reporting that Kyle was talking to UCLA while on his official visit at Wake. He was supposed to fly home but changed his flight to LA. Forbes asked his Dad where he was going and he wouldn’t tell him. Forbes was livid and told them to pound sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24/7 is reporting that Kyle was talking to UCLA while on his official visit at Wake. He was supposed to fly home but changed his flight to LA. Forbes asked his Dad where he was going and he wouldn’t tell him. Forbes was livid and told them to pound sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forbes is having a tough year of getting burned by college kids

Back