• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Baba Miller was disappointing relative to expectations at FSU, but he was certainly still a pretty good player. Seems weird that his options are down to Kansas State, Wake, and FAU. Not that I'm complaining, but I figured he'd have some pretty high-end options in there.

And it's not even like he's looking at a ton of guaranteed playing time at Wake.

I'm not confused about why we're interested, but I am confused about why he is. He would be playing backup center/hope Efton doesn't figure out how to stop fouling, right? How is that better than starting for FSU?

is Hunter the only one that fits this profile though??

Strictly speaking, probably. But we just landed Omaha Biliew and Baba Miller is visiting.

But more generally, there are a number of players who had limited roles (or success) at their previous institution and played their way into more $$$ and opportunities once at Wake Forest (Alondes Williams, Dallas Walton, Efton Reid). You could even argue Jake LaRavia, Andrew Carr, and Ty Appleby... different situations, as those guys had success elsewhere, but they certainly left the program with more opportunities than they entered it with. Could say the same for Bobi Klintman... I don't think he had any NBA buzz during his HS recruiting process.

Any word on where our portal guys may go or have gone....Boopie, Keller, Marsh, etc?

I'm not confused about why we're interested, but I am confused about why he is. He would be playing backup center/hope Efton doesn't figure out how to stop fouling, right? How is that better than starting for FSU?
Didn't he enter FSU with the reputation of having guard skills in a 6'11" frame? I see him more as the replacement for Carr - able to be inside, but mobile and a decent enough shooter to stretch the D.

ETA: I guess not - he entered FSU with that rep, but looks like he shot 28% from 3 and 52% from the line at FSU

Strictly speaking, probably. But we just landed Omaha Biliew and Baba Miller is visiting.

But more generally, there are a number of players who had limited roles (or success) at their previous institution and played their way into more $$$ and opportunities once at Wake Forest (Alondes Williams, Dallas Walton, Efton Reid). You could even argue Jake LaRavia, Andrew Carr, and Ty Appleby... different situations, as those guys had success elsewhere, but they certainly left the program with more opportunities than they entered it with. Could say the same for Bobi Klintman... I don't think he had any NBA buzz during his HS recruiting process.
Right

I think the reputation would be more along the lines of underrated guys getting deserved attention than 5-star rehab

but I’ll take both!

I don't think the Forbes pitch to Baba Miller is a backup 5 role.

There are plenty of minutes to be had at the 3/4/5 and Miller can play all of those positions. Omaha is probably a 4/3 and Spillers a 3/4. Efton is the 5, but he's not a 30mpg+ guy.

Creamy can break down the minutes. It'd work out just fine.

There are plenty of minutes to be had at the 3/4/5 and Miller can play all of those positions.
Uhhh the skinny 6'11" guy can guard 3s effectively? Not sure I saw any of Baba guarding Hunter Sallis this season

Uhhh the skinny 6'11" guy can guard 3s effectively? Not sure I saw any of Baba guarding Hunter Sallis this season

Considering we turned it over 20 times, I don't remember much need to guard any of our players in the half court.

I think he could guard 3s.

My point was less about whether he plays the 3 or 4 and more that you could see lineups of:
Spillers/Miller/Reid
Beliew/Miller/Reid
Spillers/Beliew/Miller
Spillers/Beliew/Reid

All 4 of those players would get minutes.

Admittedly, it gets tougher if Sallis is coming back... But I don't think Sallis is coming back.

board can always use a good villain but good gracious please work on your jokes

you can't be an asshole 100% of the time if you're not going to be at least a little bit funny along the way

The lecture on decorum is cute for a message board which literally hosted a dick measuring contest

Any word on where our portal guys may go or have gone....Boopie, Keller, Marsh, etc?
I've shockingly heard nothing about any outgoing transfers but boopie will go to a P5 school the rest will go to mid majors

Not sure how it would all shake out but there’s no effing way Forbes is pitching Baba Miller on a backup role.

Back