• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Omaha has a man's frame and hops......great get!

To follow up on my post about not appreciating people throwing shade at 247...

247 is the reason we know that we can expect a couple more commits in 5-7 days...That alone is as good of info as the names of these guys. Forbes isn't going to allow names to be released.
I mean I’m subscribed to trilly’s discord and getting good info from there

There are sources that say WF is hosting multiple visitors in the coming days. As is the norm, the identities of these visitors remain the deepest of secrets.
It's this way for every program in the country. Not just Wake

To follow up on my post about not appreciating people throwing shade at 247...

247 is the reason we know that we can expect a couple more commits in 5-7 days...That alone is as good of info as the names of these guys. Forbes isn't going to allow names to be released.
I could predict that Wake will bring in a couple more portal pieces before the end of April.

That's not breaking any fucking news. That's using common sense and then trying to claim some sort of super information after the fact. GTFOH with that nonsense.

He did have his career high against us... but thats nothing special, almost everyone does

Ma
I could predict that Wake will bring in a couple more portal pieces before the end of April.

That's not breaking any fucking news. That's using common sense and then trying to claim some sort of super information after the fact. GTFOH with that nonsense.
Man, all your posts come across so angry. Always have.

Don't most of y'all get your info from 247, Rivals, or trilly? Calm down with the hate of another site. Everyone has the same goal, root for the Deacs and provide info for fans about those players. It's just about which one(s) you prefer to use. They all have the same end goal.

Don't most of y'all get your info from 247 or trilly? Calm down with the hate of another site. Everyone has the same goal, root for the Deacs and provide info for fans about those players. 247/Rivals/Trilly's discord. It's just about which one(s) you prefer to use. They all have the same end goal.
I didn't say anything about another site, for the record.

I simply said that anybody claiming that Wake, or any other college needing more players on April 24th, is likely to add players in the next week -- AKA, before May.

Carr didn't enter the portal because he was worried about Wake's roster
Probably, though he doesn't have a team yet and more than half of the top 300 players already have a destination.

If he is sitting out there a bit longer, I was wondering if he would reconsider. Without knowing the all the reasons he left. Boopie tidbits sounded like a pure $ decision. Haven't seen as much on Carr, besides some quips about maybe wanting to play closer to home. Assuming money is still the top factor, but the top money is already out the door on other players.

Looking into my crystal ball...

• We finally make the tournament next year as a 9-seed

• We score two early upsets, including of course the #1 seed, with Omaha balling out

• "Omaha" starts trending on social media, fueled largely by ubiquitous Peyton Manning gifs & memes

• By the start of the next weekend, as we enter Sweet 16 play, Peyton himself has picked up on the buzz and - never shy to capitalize on a cultural moment - starts weighing in with his newfound fandom for the Demon Deacs

• He recalls the time Timmy D called to ask him about staying in school for his senior year

• (Ashley Manning is ok with him cheering for Wake, since UVA flamed out again in the play-in game)

• This extra dose of attention and chaos - combined with the unleashing of a pent-up national surge of support for the once-proud, little-engine-that-could program of Duncan, Paul, Childress, Rogers, and Bogues - carries us to the Final Four

• Along the way we've exorcised various March Madness demons, by taking out West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Stanford, and Kentucky (finally free to make a deep run because Calipari was no longer at the helm)

• (The public display of forgiveness of CP3 by Julius Hodge - who is now at peace with NC State's tournament history - is attributed as a major factor in the mysterious lifting of the curse)

• We topple Duke in the championship game, and the entire stadium storms the court, surrounding their overwhelmed coach

• As he fake-limps into the locker room, Scheyerface goes viral

• Hunter Sallis becomes a lottery pick

• Steve Forbes is later invited onto the Manningcast, where he correctly predicts a scoring play in the red zone, and makes Eli chuckle dumbly

• Just before the end of his segment, he symbolically throws down a Covid mask, dons his Cousin Eddie hat, and proclaims that the end very much was the trophy

• Wake fans everywhere rightly recognize that the apocalypse is nigh

• But we all agree it was worth it

Last edited:
9f42ed3a-44f6-4c6a-bcb1-2f6a8b2ee6c0_text.gif

Back