• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Cosby took 7 shots from 2 this year and 64 from 3. Seems like he will fit a very specific role and be Monsanto's replacement.

Lol ok this is where I get off the unbridled optimism train

We all know almost all of them will be gone somehow and we'll be doing this again next year
Yeah I was about to follow up my statement with just that. But hey, a man can dream that we somehow keep a roster together for a couple years

Kinda interesting, because we have literally never seen Forbes have that. Assuming that it ends up that way, I wonder how Forbes will manage minutes. I struggle to see him actually playing 10 guys >10mpg, but idk
He did it all the time at ETSU. This same style of team too FWIW. He knows that worked for him there, now he is trying to replicate it at Wake but with higher rated kids.

Good point, DF07. Forbes is going hard with the Alondes/Sallis/Reid strategy over the LaRavia/Carr/Boopie strategy.

Also the same high school as JOHN WALL !!!!!
john-wall-dance.gif

Is Forbes pivoting a bit on his strategy? Carr, Appleby, LaRavia, Sy, Walton, even Boopie to an extent had more proven production. Spillers is probably a safe bet, Billew and Cosby putting your chips on talent.

Sallis coming back would change everything.

What's the number of guys who enter the portal vs number actually signed by a new school?

In the recent past we have gotten Appleby from Florida who was underappreciated. Vastly improved his status at Wake, Now we get Cosby from Bama who is aware of Appleby's improvement and looks to do likewise. Forbes reputation in the portal continues to improve. For those concerned about Canka. Remember Coach picked him up late in the portal.

Back