• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

giphy.gif
This is the best gif.

The NBA prefers PGs to SGs even ones with size. If Sallis can run point, he’s more valuable. There are barely any traditional SGs under 6-6 mocked in the first round.
Look at the starting lineups for tonight's NBA games. There are plenty SG starters 6'5 and under. This is not an issue. If you can shoot and score at 6'5 and are sufficiently athletic, there is a spot for you in the NBA.

The Sixers started two PGs, and the Cavs started a PG and a combo. I'll give you Divincenzo and Gary Harris and Sallis should see them as models.

The NBA prefers PGs to SGs even ones with size. If Sallis can run point, he’s more valuable. There are barely any traditional SGs under 6-6 mocked in the first round.
I watch very little NBA but doesn't just about anyone bring the ball up now? I feel like I've seen plenty of clips of LeBron bringing the ball up (and traveling atrociously)

Look at the starting lineups for tonight's NBA games. There are plenty SG starters 6'5 and under. This is not an issue. If you can shoot and score at 6'5 and are sufficiently athletic, there is a spot for you in the NBA.

Sallis was great last year but if he can’t handle the ball and distribute it at a semi-elite level, he is going to struggle to get a bunch of NBA run.

Or, said another way, if he had showcased such skills this year he would be a potential lottery pick. If he showcases them next year, along with the scoring, he would shoot up into that range. To me, that would be the only reason for him to come back.

I liked Boopie. But he and Sallis were not complimentary players.

I watch very little NBA but doesn't just about anyone bring the ball up now? I feel like I've seen plenty of clips of LeBron bringing the ball up (and traveling atrociously)

LeBron is one of the best passers and one of the best scorers of all time. Not having the ball in his hands a bunch with a 24 second shot clock would be stupid.

The NBA is just a different game and the guys with the ball in their hands a bunch on good teams are typically incredible playmakers. The other guys who are Sallis’ size are super elite shooters.

Amazing to see the NBA takes on here. The days of 6’5”, decent athlete, decent shooter = all you need to secure a spot and have a decent career are long long gone.

LeBron is one of the best passers and one of the best scorers of all time. Not having the ball in his hands a bunch with a 24 second shot clock would be stupid.

The NBA is just a different game and the guys with the ball in their hands a bunch on good teams are typically incredible playmakers. The other guys who are Sallis’ size are super elite shooters.

Amazing to see the NBA takes on here. The days of 6’5”, decent athlete, decent shooter = all you need to secure a spot and have a decent career are long long gone.
100% agree. Anyone on a NBA team now is crazy talented. Look at Alondes. He destroyed the G-League, but can’t quite get it going on an active roster. Lots of examples like that. Hunter needs to up his game to stick, IMHO even if he gets drafted. Hope he comes back to Wake and showcases his skills.

Alondes is the same size as Sallis with a similar athletic profile. Alondes was an elite passer in college. He is barely on an NBA roster.

Alondes looks a million times stronger than Sallis. Not hatin, just sayin. Like the difference between a LB and CB

Hunter Sallis had the ball in his hands a lot this year. He is a playmaker. He hasn't shown he's a distributor. Alondes was an elite passer sometimes. He also threw a lot of headscratching TOs. Hunter's 3P% is also better, way better, than Alondes', which is relevant for a guard.

Hunter can come back and fill it up with the ball in his hands a lot. He does not need to play PG to show that he has NBA potential.

Alondes is the same size as Sallis with a similar athletic profile. Alondes was an elite passer in college. He is barely on an NBA roster.
Exactly. And he’s gotten significantly better since his time at Wake. He looked unstoppable this past year in the G-league against very, very good competition.

So, who is the other half of this package deal involving two former McDonald’s All Americans with an Iowa connection ( the Hunter replacement)?

Back