• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Carr's basketball IQ will be hard to replace. But if we do happen to land WK3, I think him & Spillers will be way tougher than Carr ever was - learning curve could be higher too and I can see them being a lot more dominant in a shorter amount of time than Carr was in his first year with us.

Please just retain Cam & Efton 😭 if we lose Cam than we may actually be completely fucked

Again, its going over your head. I care that I don't watch it anymore. It sucks. Therefore, my statement about the state of the game. Not sure why this is so hard
I totally get what you're saying. It's like if your favorite band starts releasing uninspired pablum, or your go-to restaurant changes from fresh ingedients to frozen. You still care about what used-to-be, but the level of current interest/support/passion is a shadow of what it once was.

I mean I get what he is saying but I do think in general it is kind of annoying for people to come post about how much they don't care about whatever the topic of the thread is. Seems like there are a lot of other threads to reminisce about the good ol days and how much you used to care.

I can't remember a scholarship player as overlooked/forgotten as Canka.

I mean, it's been earned in that he's not been particularly memorable/impactful. But it's going to be hilarious when he explodes next season and makes an All-ACC team.
Then on brand he'd transfer next season to assure we are a 2025-2026 bubble team.

Indeed, a great point. Similar situation with our daughter. Chose the University of Florida with free tuition and an additional scholarship that covers the bulk of her room & board. In her case, though, we really couldn't get her interested in Wake. She just wanted to go to a larger school.
Mine too. Daughter loved the mountains and had a blast at Western Carolina. Took her with me when I had a basketball game (WCU vs Ga Sou) the week before Christmas. Toured campus while the game was going on and came back loving it. I loved the great in-state tuition.

Kentucky would love to grab a kid like Carr given their recent attrition. U-Conn might even be interested for added depth. He’ll be visiting some good programs.
With new coach, KY may start taking older transfers instead of nothing but high school all-stars.

That math checks out.

tenor.gif

I believe Col Angus (Salute) also requires that you give to NIL. It's known as the opinion buy in clause of Wake Fandom

Cute - Especially from the same clown with over 13k posts on a Wake message board who offered to give away his "lightly used" Wake pullover

I mean I get what he is saying but I do think in general it is kind of annoying for people to come post about how much they don't care about whatever the topic of the thread is. Seems like there are a lot of other threads to reminisce about the good ol days and how much you used to care.

My favorites are the 5+ paragraph posts opining on how little they care

I understand William Kyle III is visiting this Wake weekend. Are there other recruits that are also visiting?

I understand William Kyle III is visiting this Wake weekend. Are there other recruits that are also visiting?

I think the expectation is that there are a few visits happening this weekend (along with the staff out across the country seeing targets during the week), but the specifics are a well-guarded secret.

So while we'd like to hear positive news today, it's probably more likely to happen suddenly later this week, over the weekend, or early next week.

Or not.

Last edited:
The NCAA currently has a “rule” against 6 players on the court, but we could just file a lawsuit and see how it goes.
im sure we could break the grant of rights regarding the 6th man. . . . apparently everything is rewritable/breakable these days, even when you sign your name that you promise not to break them. . . . SMH

Back