• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

knowing that rules don't mean anything now, is there any rule in place that prevents certain NIL conversations with high school kids that are allowed with non-HS transfer targets (i.e. guys in the portal)?

I've been a fan since JR year Duncan and am an alum. Cheering each year for a new batch of 1 year rentals has absolutely deflated my love for what was otherwise my favorite team to pull for. This just isn't fun.
I mean we say that in April. By November and December we'll be watching and excited. the offseason is just annoying.

I've been a fan since JR year Duncan and am an alum. Cheering each year for a new batch of 1 year rentals has absolutely deflated my love for what was otherwise my favorite team to pull for. This just isn't fun.
Sucks for you. I've been a fan for longer than that, and had an absolute blast attending the Duke game with one of my college buddies this year. The portal is wild, and I'm enjoying the hell out of following the rumors.

Do I wish CBB could go back to where it was 30 years ago, when 1. Conferences made sense and had true round-robin schedules, 2. Practically everyone stayed through at least their junior year, and 3. We were winning back-to-back ACC titles? Hell, yes. But that genie ain't going back in the bottle, so I'll be content for to cheer for #3 and making do with the rest.

i'm a total bandwagon fan at this point: I'll watch if they're good and I won't if they're not, but don't the system has too much effect on that

but i still hope it burns to the ground because it's a pretty dumb way to do things

yeah, any reason a recruit can't wait until this time of year of his senior year to leverage NIL offers and commit to the best situation possible?

For the top 10 guys this would probably be wise, especially for a phenom like Flagg.

Otherwise certainly not because there’s a premium on age and experience in college now. Unproven freshmen have very little leverage.

yeah, any reason a recruit can't wait until this time of year of his senior year to leverage NIL offers and commit to the best situation possible?
It won't be long before a lot of the top talent waits to sign until spring, in order to more easily get the biggest bag possible. It will be something of a gamble for them. Sign in the early signing period (e.g. November 8-15, 2023) and guarantee yourself a spot on a team.

Do really well, and you may have cost yourself some money.

Wait until the regular signing period (e.g. April 17 – May 15, 2024 this year) and, if you have a great senior season, get a bigger bag. Don't play well senior year? Risk getting a scholarship at one of your top schools, or perhaps getting one at all.

It will be interesting to see if the National Letter of Intent even ties a player to a school for a semester or a year, or if players can "transfer" before even being enrolled in college.

I mean we say that in April. By November and December we'll be watching and excited. the offseason is just annoying.
I watch minor league baseball too, but I couldn't tell you who won the AAA World Series at any point. If you told me they stopped playing minor league postseason I'd believe you. I don't want college basketball to become something I check into a couple times a season and forget about it when the game is over.

From an unimpeachable source, there’s a ‘package deal’ visiting this weekend who would replace Hunter and Carr. I think I know who it is…Iowa connection and both former McDonald’s AAs. That’s all this person said via text so I could be wrong about the pair, but that list is pretty short. Not claiming any scoops or posting cryptic BS, but it’s exciting. I have no doubt we will field a good team next year even after all of the turnover…the question still remains if we will do anything with it. These two sure would help. One of them is ridiculous and I have no idea why he didn’t get more PT.
I'll believe it when Cam tells me he can't tell me about it.

Back