• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

The Providence stuff was such bait. I’m floored at that kind of interest. On top of the fact that we have multiple pro sports franchises less than an hour away, the P Bruins in the same facility as PC, URI basketball and football, which is also pretty popular, it’s bonkers to say Providence revolves around PC sports. Multiple teams trump PC basketball, a team which half the state (those aligned with URI and all the UConn people) hate.

Last edited:
Way to quote it before the delete, @wakelaw13
Yeah, as soon as I posted that I regretted it (wasn’t told not to post anything…the staff is just being super tight-lipped about this shit to prevent some asshole from swooping in last minute and offering more NIL cash). Same source also told me about one of the main donors behind Louisville’s NIL and the guy is a complete and utter POS. It’s a shame kids would go play for Louisville for $800K after a much better institution like Wake, for example, offers $600K, but that’s what is happening these days. The less we know, the better. Forbes is about to strike gold in the portal again (hopefully).

I’ll add for good measure that losing the friging PawSox was definitely something worth getting in a fight over.

Yeah, as soon as I posted that I regretted it (wasn’t told not to post anything…the staff is just being super tight-lipped about this shit to prevent some asshole from swooping in last minute and offering more NIL cash). Same source also told me about one of the main donors behind Louisville’s NIL and the guy is a complete and utter POS. It’s a shame kids would go play for Louisville for $800K after a much better institution like Wake, for example, offers $600K, but that’s what is happening these days. The less we know, the better. Forbes is about to strike gold in the portal again (hopefully).

I guess that works, but kids these days will usually tweet that they're "blessed to receive an offer from [insert name of school here]" the same day they're offered. Not sure how you can keep a lid on it.

Damn, my mind's running with the idea that we were outbid for Terrance Edwards now.

I guess that works, but kids these days will usually tweet that they're "blessed to receive an offer from [insert name of school here]" the same day they're offered. Not sure how you can keep a lid on it.
True, but I think the portal hits different. It’s almost like if you went and told your current employer that you had three different offers from competing firms. I’m not sure you announce that unless you’re leaving or if you’re trying to use it to bargain for better pay. I think some of the battles for these players in the portal is happening mostly through agents and it doesn’t really do any good for them to telegraph who else may be involved if they want to keep the leverage on their side of the table.

Who would be the 2nd half of a package deal with Billiew?

Back