• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I mean, let’s be honest…anyone we bring in is on a one year deal. forget that with “3 years of eligibility” talk. It’s nonsense at this point!

I mean, let’s be honest…anyone we bring in is on a one year deal. forget that with “3 years of eligibility” talk. It’s nonsense at this point!
eh, genuinely still think it depends on the deal. I can definitely see why certain players would opt for the security of multi-year guarantees

See what I mean guys? Usually a very cogent and reasonable poster.
Yea, just make a joke the libs can’t stand. They can make jokes all day about the Pubs but can’t stand it when one is made about Decrepit Joe and his terrible border policies. Oh well, just 9 months left of him if the Dems let him live that long.

Bite me, nobody likes you either! You must be a lib who likes nobody
Nah, some like me

Some hate me

Some think I'm just a jackass and tolerate me

Nobody likes you because you're miserable and just vomit nonsense.

And stop trying to bring politics to the sports board, you old backwards ass man. Stop.

Now have the last word of you must. You know how I feel.

The Providence stuff was such bait. I’m floored at that kind of interest. On top of the fact that we have multiple pro sports franchises less than an hour away, the P Bruins in the same facility as PC, URI basketball and football, which is also pretty popular, it’s bonkers to say Providence revolves around PC sports. Multiple teams trump PC basketball, a team which half the state (those aligned with URI and all the UConn people) hate.
I'm sorry awake girl I know you are gonna hate me after posting this but seeing the RI mentions I got to throw in.....

I've lived in 9 different us states and also in central America and Rhode Island may be the shittiest place to live ....As soon as you penetrate the state's border (which you'll be out of almost as soon as you enter) you'll be met with the absolute worst roads you've ever seen. If your car happens to survive collosal pot holes and makes it to the beach, you can't actually get into the water unless you want your balls to shrivel up into nothingness from the cold water even in july. Then the fucking government taxes the ever living shit out of you in property taxes (none which goes to roads apparently) and also adds additional bullshit taxes like a "fire" tax. And Rhode Island government tends to be super corrupt whilst they are fleecing you. On top of all this the winters are miserable and grey and it gets dark at like 4pm. This makes for some cranky people who just seem to hate life. The fans tend to be assholes.... go to Fenway and you'll get a bunch of racism and fighting. I will say the two months of summer can be pleasant if you can avoid getting bitten by a tick which tend to carry lime disease and could really fuck you up for life. Dels lemonade is pretty good though.

And 6 incoming 5 star recruits.
Yeah but Scheyer isn't actually a good coach (yet), and it will definitely be enjoyable to see Duke become the poster child for NIL vs. recruiting - because NIL is going to win.

Give me some good damn news! I need it (Wake speeaking)!

I'm sorry awake girl I know you are gonna hate me after posting this but seeing the RI mentions I got to throw in.....

I've lived in 9 different us states and also in central America and Rhode Island may be the shittiest place to live ....As soon as you penetrate the state's border (which you'll be out of almost as soon as you enter) you'll be met with the absolute worst roads you've ever seen. If your car happens to survive collosal pot holes and makes it to the beach, you can't actually get into the water unless you want your balls to shrivel up into nothingness from the cold water even in july. Then the fucking government taxes the ever living shit out of you in property taxes (none which goes to roads apparently) and also adds additional bullshit taxes like a "fire" tax. And Rhode Island government tends to be super corrupt whilst they are fleecing you. On top of all this the winters are miserable and grey and it gets dark at like 4pm. This makes for some cranky people who just seem to hate life. The fans tend to be assholes.... go to Fenway and you'll get a bunch of racism and fighting. I will say the two months of summer can be pleasant if you can avoid getting bitten by a tick which tend to carry lime disease and could really fuck you up for life. Dels lemonade is pretty good though.
Jesus. This is a hit job. We have bad potholes. We have a lot of taxes (but also our teachers get paid 100k plus and we have a large social services net, which I’ll gladly pay taxes in exchange for). The winters are sadly warmer than when I was a kid. I’ve only lived in 4 states, but I travel a lot. I’d put our restaurants against anywhere in the country. On the whole, we’re super progressive which matches with my own values. I come home everyday and sit on the beach. We all have access to the resources of an Ivy League university and the best art school in the country. We have a bustling art and theater scene. And we’re 45 minutes away from Boston and 2.5 hours away from NY. Also, you can spray for ticks. Summertime here to me makes up for the (increasingly mild in a scary way) winters. I wouldn’t take anywhere over summer in New England.

I could get behind a team with Reid, Spillers, MMM, WK3 and Beliew as bigs. Have to think we would be way more athletic at the 3-4-5 than what we have had in the recent past. Seal the deal Forbes!

Back