• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

3M is also going into his 2nd year. I wouldn't call playing 3 more seasons in this era "right there"

PFred seems much more likely because he played as a freshman.

Will Cam Hildreth be the last 4 year player at Wake? I'm stoked for his All-ACC 1st team senior season and ascension to Deacon legend status.
I don't think he will be the last. However, I think they will be more and more rare. It will take a guy who is the right combination of ACC starter level (but not elite) for three years, a good NIL package and a guy who values Wake's academics.
Thus'he will be getting as much playing time as he would anywhere, isn't quite good enough to get NBA attention, enough money to be comfortable and make Europe and G league not enticing and wants that Wake degree.

can either of guys we are looking at play some center behind Reid? Or are we still looking for a back up center in the portal ?
Finding a talented back up center in the portal seems like a bit of a unicorn.
That’s why I would not mind if Marsh had stayed.

I think at least 1 of the guys who has gone portaling will ultimately return to the team. Prob not Boopie, but perhaps 1 of Marsh or Keller.

I'm so impressed with Cam returning last year and this year. Last season his girlfriend transferred to a different school and he stuck with us. This year nearly the whole team is turning over and he stuck with us. With 1 more successful season he'll definitely be remembered for a long time.

If Cam stays healthy he may very well be the POY even though he may not win the award. But, if he will play with controlled aggression, he will be the leader of the team next year.

I also agree with a 4-year player HOF shrine or some kind of recognition. And, if we have an un-WakeForesty season next year because of him, then I definitely say hang it!

Boston as a city is racist. Most of America, including and especially Wake Forest when I was there, is. Providence is predominantly POC and has an entirely different vibe than Boston. Not sure of your point with this? You hate Providence? Okay. I pointed out why I don’t.
That's fair. My point in all this was merely to be a message board pain in the ass but you handled it well. Thanks for engaging respectfully. As they might say in Rhode Island in Federal Hill I was just "breaking balls"

Actually have fond memories of Rhode Island. I will say about Rhode Islanders they may be gruff on the outside but once you gain their trust they are lifelong friends. Meanwhile here in the South they'll be sweet as can be to your face but stab you in the back in a moment.

Also agreed that RI has the best restaurants from anywhere I've been outside of NYC. I still go back to visit from time to time but usually only in the summer. Luckily for me my balls are already pretty small so the shrinkage upon entering the ocean is minimal.

I’m hoping cam learned a lot from the second half of the season. He really embraced the defensive stopper role and played much more within himself by the end (Cam is still gonna Cam sometimes). He’s gonna fill up the stat sheet next year and make a push for 1st team all acc

If Cam stays healthy he may very well be the POY even though he may not win the award. But, if he will play with controlled aggression, he will be the leader of the team next year.

I also agree with a 4-year player HOF shrine or some kind of recognition. And, if we have an un-WakeForesty season next year because of him, then I definitely say hang it!

Call it the Tim Duncan Award.

That's fair. My point in all this was merely to be a message board pain in the ass but you handled it well. Thanks for engaging respectfully. As they might say in Rhode Island in Federal Hill I was just "breaking balls"

Actually have fond memories of Rhode Island. I will say about Rhode Islanders they may be gruff on the outside but once you gain their trust they are lifelong friends. Meanwhile here in the South they'll be sweet as can be to your face but stab you in the back in a moment.

Also agreed that RI has the best restaurants from anywhere I've been outside of NYC. I still go back to visit from time to time but usually only in the summer. Luckily for me my balls are already pretty small so the shrinkage upon entering the ocean is minimal.
Bless your heart.

Back