• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

it's not "on hand" - they are donation committments pending his decision to come back to Wake. If he goes to the NBA then some of that money may be used to get a replacement player but it would probably be a different number.

I really feel bad for Steve Forbes.

He needs a competitive NIL pot, a home venue, and full support of everyone. And he has none of those.

I really think if he did he could have us competitive at least. He is a likable guy and works hard. We could do a lot worse than Steve Forbes. Maybe better too but not even a great hire like Pat Kelsey could win here over the long haul until we get our own cards in order.

For example, what I read above is “we have hunter sallis locked in because of a technicality in the transfer rules…so we don’t have to offer him anything.”

I’m no expert on the transfer rules but I’m pretty sure I know how that is going to turn out.

We need to stop bellyaching about the new rules and start asking how we win in 2030.

He needs a competitive NIL pot, a home venue, and full support of everyone. And he has none of those.

I really think if he did he could have us competitive at least. He is a likable guy and works hard. We could do a lot worse than Steve Forbes. Maybe better too but not even a great hire like Pat Kelsey could win here over the long haul until we get our own cards in order.

For example, what I read above is “we have hunter sallis locked in because of a technicality in the transfer rules…so we don’t have to offer him anything.”

I’m no expert on the transfer rules but I’m pretty sure I know how that is going to turn out.

We need to stop bellyaching about the new rules and start asking how we win in 2030.
There is no way you actually make a living as a lawyer anymore with this kind of logic.

Sallis has an agent. The Sallis team understands that he can enter his name for the 2024 NBA draft and put his name in the portal, while still leaving the option of returning to WF. Sallis elected to not take the step.

The Sallis team chose not to do that, despite the lack of a teeny WF on-campus arena. Hunter Sallis likes playing for WF and winning games at LJVM. His basketball future blossomed there.

Also, for someone that claims to be a player in the WF NIL game, you should know that WF does have NIL package in place for Sallis if he decides to return, and would guess that there is some room for WF to sweeten the pot if Hunter is on the fence about what to do after his NBA eval comes down.

Steve Forbes is doing fine. You don't need to feel bad for him.

817909974_883636.gif

In case anyone cares on Carr, it's Villanova, Kentucky, and Texas Tech.

My take (which is worth nothing) is that it was always Villanova, but he was going to at least listen to other offers. If UK wanted to throw a silly bag at him, why not?
Which of these doesn't belong...

He needs a competitive NIL pot (Wake has an NIL pot in at least the top quartile; I think RTQ said at one point the Wake NIL pot is around the 90th percentile), a home venue (Wake is 48-7 at the Joel since 2021-2022), and full support of everyone (I don't think there's a single Wake fan that wants Steve to fail). And he has none of those.

For example, what I read above is “we have hunter sallis locked in because of a technicality in the transfer rules…so we don’t have to offer him anything.” No clue what this means

Back