• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Agreed. He's probably the best Wake chucker we've had unless you want to call Childress a chucker. (I'll leave the Charlie Davis chucker discussion to the olds)
Don't hold your breath waiting for someone to call CD a chucker. There is a reason he holds the best career free throw percentage in Wake Forest history. He could get his own shot and he made them despite being the defensive focus of every opponent. There is a reason his number was retired before he graduated.

F if I know anymore. It was a random run in and I'm like 99% sure he didn't remember me even tho I started the conversation with, "B-Hicks! GO DEACS!!!!" I played it super cool, y'all.

About a decade or so ago he was working in entertainment and in middle management but climbing that ladder. Dude likely has stock options now.

Undoubtedly

SVP, living in London according to his LinkedIn profile

Hopefully not a Tottenham fan. God, those people are insufferable

Last edited:
Pre injury Chil was not a point guard and was a total chucker. All you people are thinking about 1995 and nothing else. Even in 95 there were plenty of times when he would walk the ball up the court and shoot a three with a hand in his face without ever passing.

I've watched a lot of Wake hoops over the last 20 years and Monsanto was the biggest chucker in my mind. Now, he did end up making a bunch once he got his legs under him before the 2nd injury. But the guy was almost never looking to pass and he'd just pull up from any crazy place on the floor.

And every time he let it fly, I thought it was going in. Will miss that guy. Unfortunately, immaturity and selfishness will possibly lead to a less favorable deal than what he had at Wake this year. Same for Boopie.

Boopie and Monsanto are very different in my mind. Monsanto spent about 5 years with Forbes and was understandably frustrated when he just couldn’t move like he used to. It doesn’t excuse quitting on the team, but I have empathy for him and understand it and wish him the best.

With the limited knowledge we have, Boopie just looks greedy. Maybe he was told he’d have a smaller role and didn’t like it, but it sure seems like he just wanted the biggest bag possible. Probably not a good long term move.

Last edited:
I wonder if Monsanto is getting any interest in the portal? Anyone who has seen him shoot must at least think about it but man there are some pretty huge red flags that go with him.

It sucks how the Texans have gotten some big names to complement their franchise QB and best we’ve done is a castoff Steelers WR and some questionable rookies
Which one of Spillers, Biliew, and Cosby is the castoff Steelers WR :LOL:

Boopie and Monsanto are very different in my mind. Monsanto spent about 5 years with Forbes and was understandably frustrated when he just couldn’t move like he used to. It doesn’t excuse quitting on the team, but I have empathy for him and understand it and wish him the best.

With the limited knowledge we have, Boopie just looks greedy. Maybe he was told he’d have a smaller role and didn’t like it, but it sure seems like he just wanted the biggest bad possible. Probably not a good long term move.
Demari only spent 3 seasons with Forbes, 2 with major injuries. Your point mostly still stands but the facts are a bit different.

One year redshirting with Forbes at ETSU

One year playing at ETSU while Forbes away at WF

Three years playing at WF under Forbes

Thanks, I forgot his year of playing at ETSU was after Forbes left. So he was recruited twice and played for Forbes 4 years.

Back