• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

This year is going to be particularly crazy because of dropping the transfer rules. I'm curious to see if some of those bench warming AAs at Duke will be more willing to move without the prior restrictions on place.

Marsh is going to go to a mid major and dominate. He doesn't have the speed/technique to stick with top level centers, but against lesser competition, I would bet that he cleans up. Disappointed about Boopie, but I feel confident that Cam/Carr/Reid/PFred will be back. That is a good place to start.

You do understand what the phrase “average football season” means, correct? Agreed, if we were playing for ACC Championship annually, or even every couple of years, we should go all in. But we did that twice in the 20 year run. The AVERAGE season during that run was very similar to this year’s basketball season, which is what I said.

The Orange Bowl was awesome to attend. I’ve been all in during the football run. Great fun.

I just think it is relatively easier, given the nature of NIL, and in particular the size of the rosters, for our school with our alumni base to be great in basketball as opposed to close-to-good in football. I’d rather be great in one and let the other die than strive for sustained mediocrity in both. Math is math.
I’d prefer to be good in the one that may help us stay in a relevant conference. And, yes, you’re correct about the average season but we’ve had some high highs that we basically never have in bball.

I’d prefer to be good in the one that may help us stay in a relevant conference. And, yes, you’re correct about the average season but we’ve had some high highs that we basically never have in bball.

But can we stay “good” (which you acknowledge is really “middle of the road during the average season of our best run, ever”) in football in the Wild West of NIL? That is the point I’m making.

But can we stay “good” (which you acknowledge is really “middle of the road during the average season of our best run, ever”) in football in the Wild West of NIL? That is the point I’m making.
I honestly don’t know, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that we can be good in bball either. I agree that it should theoretically be easier, but I’m just not sold on it coming to fruition.

I honestly don’t know, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that we can be good in bball either. I agree that it should theoretically be easier, but I’m just not sold on it coming to fruition.

Men’s bball is behind football and baseball.

Worth reminding people that until this season women’s hoops had a better record that men’s hoops since 2010 with a much better ACCT and more postseason appearances.

Last edited:
Can’t remember who made the team mutiny comment but it might make sense. Forbes has said numerous times that he has implored them to play defense after missed shots and they won’t do it. Post UGA game, he complained about them not listening to him about going inside. He was also asked how he felt about the team next year and his response was, depends on who I have back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If only PFred could take PG. I don’t see it yet, but would be awesome.

Can’t remember who made the team mutiny comment but it might make sense. Forbes has said numerous times that he has implored them to play defense after missed shots and they won’t do it. Post UGA game, he complained about them not listening to him about going inside. He was also asked how he felt about the team next year and his response was, depends on who I have back next year.

Making up stupid shit is not a healthy coping mechanism

Making up stupid shit is not a healthy coping mechanism

It could also just as easily be that Forbes told the other guys they weren’t cutting it and Boopie just wanted more money but I don’t think the comment was stupid. Something just wasn’t right after Duke.

It could also just as easily be that Forbes told the other guys they weren’t cutting it and Boopie just wanted more money but I don’t think the comment was stupid. Something just wasn’t right after Duke.

I doubt he told them they weren't cutting it. I mean he recruited literally all these guys. More so he recommended the majority of them to get more pt elsewhere. As for Boopie, there can def be an upgrade in the portal and forbes knows he needs a tournament bid next year. With the 5 million cash infusion from mitt I have no doubt we pull in some high quality transfers this off-season

We might have only 3-5 players after next year if Forbes doesn’t come back…I don’t like how this is formulating. I see him for at least two more, but christ we have hardly any young players.

Back