• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I'm pretty confident in the fact that Wake Forest was looking to recruit a guard that would compete/possibly play over Boopie.
Forbes wants to have two point guards. This past season that duo was supposed to be Ituka and Boopie. Now Forbes needs both the starter and the backup. Grad and incoming soph for those two spots?

Forbes wants to have two point guards. This past season that duo was supposed to be Ituka and Boopie. Now Forbes needs both the starter and the backup. Grad and incoming soph for those two spots?
As of now, I don't really know what the makeup of that position will be in the portal. Of course, there's Parker (from what I've been told) coming back. Juke coming in. Cam with the chance to come back.

BUT, I imagine Wake is going to take a big swing at a guard. Do they go for another on top of that? We'll see. This is a fast paced game. At this point, I'm trying to stay caught up. It'll slow down shortly, and then more of the evaluation/decision time will start happening. Will be interesting to see if Wake makes an early move like they did with Boopie last year

The folks over at RTQ NIL do a pretty good job explaining how the deals work and the payment structures/timelines when you inquire as a potential donor. IMO it's worth talking to them to get an idea of the current landscape.

Correct - And there is zero excuse for any non-troll account who posts on this board but doesn't donate something to RTQ

Yeah don't disagree. Time will tell on this one obviously if we're able to get someone superior, but I have my doubts that we can bring in a Sallis and Boopie level guard tandem again.

Sucks that we'd have a NCAAT team next season with another season under their belts with the returning players, but it's all about the $$$ and now that won't be the case. :(

Parker and Juke were going to take less than 5 percent of Boopie's minutes next year, possibly zero percent. This is a dumb tweet by Josh.

I know what’s he saying but Parker was essentially 0 for March so not sure if that was the second half “emergence” he was referencing or something else. Maybe i missed him scoring 31 vs. Appy
Parker obviously in a slump, but I felt like he was a decent defender. The instincts were there, and the strength/athleticism can improve. I just trust good shooters to figure it out. Parker is obviously a very good shooter. His trajectory is higher than Boopie’s over the next two years overall IMO, and I absolutely love Boopie’s game.

Back