• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Hoping it was a case of the Midwest guy being homesick maybe especially after his family all came down for the ND gamw

1. Boopie was a good player and I'm sorry to see him go.

2. The #eyetest tells me there was a pretty significant discrepancy in Boopie's splits against bad teams and good teams.

3. I'm glad it wasn't Carr, Reid, or Cam.
Torvik agrees:

Boopie overall: Boxscore +/- 3.2, O rating 109 on 26% usage, A/TO ratio 1.22
Boopie vs. T50: Boxscore +/- negative 0.7, O rating 95 on 25% usage, A/TO ratio 1.01

Sallis overall: Boxscore +/- 6.2, O rating 115.7 on 23.9% usage, eFG% 56.8%
Sallis vs. T50: Boxscore +/- 7.4, O rating 112.7 on 24.3% usage, eFG% 58.2%

Carr overall: B+/- 5.8, ORating 124.1, eFG% 58.3%
Carr vs. T50: B+/- 5.9, ORating 124.1, eFG% 61.0%

Did not review Cam due to injury

Whatever conference Boopie is transferring to is filled with players about to get quite annoyed at his clever foul-inducing stop-motion move.

It’s what I’ll remember most about him, besides his awesome nickname.

Now, if he transfers in-conference, and any of our guys allow him to pull that move on them next year, I’m going to be very upset. Of course, that wouldn’t be the only upsetting part of that scenario.

fair, but then put another way who is throwing serious $$$ at a guy like Boop?
Who is giving money to a guy that put up 15.6/3.5/2.8 on 37% 3P%, 46% FG%, 85% FT% in the ACC? I don't know, anybody with the money?

We can't simultaneously be excited for next year with Boopie as an important piece and dismissive that he isn't actually that good once he leaves. Boopie is a very good college player that is going to help a team win if he lands in a decent situation.

Someone else mentioned it, maybe KidA or LK, but Reid is one to really worry about. Pretty much any team could use him and we are absolutely fucked if he goes.

I liked Boopie and wish him well. That said, this team couldn't get to the NCAA tournament and I am ok with players leaving.

Someone else mentioned it, maybe KidA or LK, but Reid is one to really worry about. Pretty much any team could use him and we are absolutely fucked if he goes.
I mean we recruited him last year so why couldn’t we recruit another big

Also, hearing this is not the only portal move that could occur for Wake Forest today. Will it be announced today? Not quite sure. But there's another guy set to go.
If it's one of Reid/Cam/Carr then I'll be headed for pessimism about Wake's current program very quickly. We have no chance at maintaining a stably good program if we can't retain guys like this.

I think the most disappointing thing about the Boopie news is how much Forbes praised his improvement over the off season from when he arrived at Wake. I was excited and optimistic that he could focus on passing this summer and become the well rounded PG we wanted him to be. Oh well.

I mean, there's no way that Wake fans can get upset about the fact that he's narrowed his choices down to 4 of the top 10 programs in the country. Wake could maybe win a battle against one or two of those type of schools, but if all of them are calling a guy? Forget it

I mean we recruited him last year so why couldn’t we recruit another big

It seems like we got pretty lucky with him honestly. I’m sure there were schools that didn’t bother or backed off due to the 2x transfer rule that was in place at the time. Plus I’m sure the Sallis connection helped. He would be pretty difficult to replace.

Back