• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Monsanto can rebound. His rebounding rate is better than anyone on the team. At his size, that indicates he puts a priority on hitting the boards. That will be missed. How much? Count the number of losses that result from getting beat on the boards.

Chaundee Brown went from shooting .328 from deep at Wake to shooting .419 from deep at Michigan. His per 40s went down but he was far more efficient.

I hope we run some high pick and roll with LaRavia and Walton. Both bigs who can shoot. That'd screw with some teams.

I was a little surprised Wake took Williams with that low percentage of making threes. Wake could use a late arriving Jonah Antonio type guy. Or perhaps one of the others bumps up their 3 pt %. Whitt and Hildreth would be my top two to do that.

Lucas Taylor can really shoot it. The loss of Monsanto might give him the opportunity to be a contributor this season.

I was a little surprised Wake took Williams with that low percentage of making threes. Wake could use a late arriving Jonah Antonio type guy. Or perhaps one of the others bumps up their 3 pt %. Whitt and Hildreth would be my top two to do that.

We needed an experienced wing who could get to the basket as well.

I wish HS stats were more available.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but:

It’s pretty cool that LD and BHo just started their podcast a few months ago and they just had the head coach on as a guest. That’s quite a get as far as guests go

I’m very happy for those guys but would only think it was an issue if they couldn’t get Forbes on, vs. it being impressive that they did. LD Williams is an awesome former player; of course he’s going to get a media-savvy coach like Forbes to talk with him. It also benefits Forbes to get his message out to a friendly audience and to demonstrate that he wants to maintain strong ties with basketball alumni.

Great listen, low how down to earth and affable Forbes comes across. Sounds really pleased with the talent infusion and more complete roster. The interview gave a great sense of just how much a hole we were in heading into last year (practice restrictions, meeting the players, etc).

Won’t spoil it for others but that Prosser story was crazy. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard that one before.

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - Added LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy

Cannot be overstated how impressive Forbes is. I imagine the way he interacted with LD and B-Ho gives you a fly on the wall perspective of how he interacts with recruits. You can tell he is much more upbeat and excited than he was last year (understandably).

Totally worth spending some time to listen to this episode. Great info on the current team and how things went in the first practice.

Congrats to Forbes losing 26 pounds!

Last edited:
Cannot be overstated how impressive Forbes is. I imagine the way he interacted with LD and B-Ho gives you a fly on the wall perspective of how he interacts with recruits. You can tell he is much more upbeat and excited than he was last year (understandably).

Totally worth spending some time to listen to this episode. Great info on the current team and how things went in the first practice.

If you can't play hard for Forbes then you aren't into the team (as he said it is about the players). He is all about team and sacrifice. Great interview, just fun to listen to his stories and philosophy like Skip. Buz and Manning would have signed off the interview in about 5-10 minutes because they had nothing else to say.

Great. Now maybe DR can stop planning Forbes' funeral.

Forbes will probably die sooner than Wes. That's all that matters.

Great listen, low how down to earth and affable Forbes comes across. Sounds really pleased with the talent infusion and more complete roster. The interview gave a great sense of just how much a hole we were in heading into last year (practice restrictions, meeting the players, etc).

Won’t spoil it for others but that Prosser story was crazy. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard that one before.

Same. That's a good listen and a crazy Prosser story.

What a great listen. Forbes is just the man. Just for fun, what would you all say our win total ceiling and floor are based on what we know about this team (which is really not a ton)?

Agreed. Forbes comes across as a super likable and genuine dude. He has a vision for where he sees the program 1,2,5 years from now, and he will relentlessly work to get us there. He’s just a regular guy, which helps him relate to recruits, parents, etc., and he’ll ultimately have great recruiting success.

We are in great hands.

That said, floor 11 and ceiling 21

I mean, anything’s possible, so I don’t really like giving a ceiling. Maybe Forbes coaches teams don’t have ceilings.

Back