• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Woof. 29% for a guy who was a liability on defense and has zero athleticism.

The argument that Massoud is a good shooter is laughable, he shot 29% in 21 games and got hot 1 game. Massoud is NOT A GOOD SHOOTER.

I’ll get right on that. There’s only 600+ players for me to sort into tiers.

Honestly, I can’t even keep up with all of the players we’ve supposedly contacted.

Also, I have a hard time arguing over which players are good enough to be worth our time and which ones aren’t. We’re dealing with incomplete information and also don’t know what Forbes is looking for. I trust his eye for talent.

Unacceptable
3 tiers of 200 each
Stat

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - LaRavia+, Neath/Okpomo/Wilkins/Adams/Massoud-

Can you even keep up with the new adds for today? :)

I would think Tre Mitchell should be our #1 target. Harrar should be behind him. We need to find someone who has proven to be a good three point shooter after losing Antonio and Massoud.

As bad as we were inside this year, we will be in three point shooting if we don't find some wing shooters.

Tre Mitchell is not coming here. You can move on from that one.

Well one thing we've led the nation in over the last decade is the number of transfers out. This year will be the epitome...

Dear God huh? Well, God gave me and Forbes eyeballs and both of us see the reality for Adams is he lacks the tools that make a legit ACC point guard, and the minutes aren't available in our program for him to develop into one by the time he's a senior. Unless we don't value winning. I guess Forbes and I will just have to go on hoping to fill a Wake roster with players that can win for once instead of nursing flawed players along for years because we think they're good folks. I like Adams, too - great attitude, plays hard and defends. I wish he could hit a 10 footer or make a single pass over the course of his year that rivaled one of the 4 Whitt made in his final game as a pre-freshman.

You can't have it both ways. You can't applaud the moves Forbes is making by being (brutally) honest with kids that causes them to transfer while shaming posters who recognize the reasons behind the choices Forbes is making. We could have kept Adams if we wanted to, without question. Send Forbes some emails and shame him into keeping him if you're so offended.

Well knowing you didn't use those eyeballs to see Quadry in practice, You saw nothing more than the rest of us so I will defer to Forbes who played him more the last two weeks than earlier. I think the kid has made his best move, I was not saying we should keep him, but that you had no reason to say he has no vision and no shot. And others agreed but you do you. Your self-importance gauge is running a little hot with this line, "I guess Forbes and I will just have to go on hoping to fill a Wake roster"

Adams had 9 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast total in those last four games where he played 52 minutes.

Forbes did what he had to do. Only Manning guys left are Mucius and Ody, which were the only 2 guys he inherited that deserved to take a scholarship on an ACC team.

I would've been fine with massoud returning and think he could've carved out a 15mpg slot as a role player, but having 5 openings and a brand new team next season is much more exciting.

I'm sure Massoud will land on his feet.

We are upgrading in the best possible way, dropping our 4 least effective players as the year played out and seeing how the grads play out in a world of movement. At Jonah's age, no way to expect him to stay, nor probably Jalen and maybe Dubose who i hope sticks around. This is the new world of mobility, I hope Admissions can keep up and we better get used to it.

Rj, I’m seriously not trying to start an argument but it’s time to retire the narrative that Massoud is a good shooter. He was 8-10 from 3 in the Pitt game and 28-97 otherwise this season. That’s terrible by any criteria, much less for a player that supposedly is a shooter. Maybe we can all agree to put it to bed now that he’s leaving.

Does it ever really matter what anyone is trying to discuss? Don't take the bait.

I am so glad the Steve Forbes is our coach in this new wild wild west of transfers rather than our previous two deadbeats. Forbes just seems uniquely suited to this.

Like most here, very excited about the offseason to date. We are losing 5 players that would not have contributed to any long-term success. Forbes has already added a player in LaRavia that looks like he will help immediately and has the potential to develop into an All-ACC type by his senior year. Obviously need at least a couple more ACC-level players, including one more big, but Forbes is doing the work to close the enormous talent deficit that we faced all season.

I guess the one advantage of the new wild west of NCAA transfers is when you lose 5 below par players, keep your best players you can truly sell the contribution new players can make.

Crazy to have 5 open scholarships in March but I agree that Forbes is probably the best man for this Wild West situation.

To put things somewhat in perspective, there have been very few (less than 5 that I can count) transfers that have already committed to P5 schools for next year. I think we're still in the part where more and more names enter the portal... Decisions might take a few weeks (or more).

Getting LaRavia so early on in the process was great, but I suspect that is the exception and not the rule. If I were one of the top transfers, I'd want to wait a couple of weeks for the season to end for most NCAA Tourney teams.

A little off topic rant here, but I am curious about the thoughts of others who care enough about uniforms.

Aside from new players Wake desperately needs new uniforms next season. Not only to get a little rebrand of the program, but because our current ones are just awful. By far the worst in ACC basketball in my eyes.

I know some will disagree here because I remember them being generally well received when they were revealed, but overall they are just a mess. It's like the designer just threw a bunch of random shit together all called it a day. Just zero consistency in each uniform.

There are aspects about them that I like and I understand why some might dig them but I just find so many problems with each uniform combination. I generally like the throwback look for uniforms but these were poorly done like a lot of the uniforms in the John Collins era.

I could write an essay on the flaws of our current uniforms.

The argument that Massoud is a good shooter is laughable, he shot 29% in 21 games and got hot 1 game. Massoud is NOT A GOOD SHOOTER.

Yet you support Fleming who has been a worse shooter over a longer period of time. Interesting...

Back