• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Marcus Carr, star from Minnesota has entered the portal.

He will have every team in the country coming after him.

Yet you support Fleming who has been a worse shooter over a longer period of time. Interesting...

But Fleming does everything else better...Massoud is a one trick pony. And he doesn't do the trick very well.

But Fleming does everything else better...Massoud is a one trick pony. And he doesn't do the trick very well.

In a bad conference and on a bad team. On top of that, he plays the one position we have lots of players who need minutes. If he was 6'8, you might have a point, but he isn't.

Yet you support Fleming who has been a worse shooter over a longer period of time. Interesting...

You got the wrong guy, in none of my posts have i even commented on Fleming.

A deeper dive into the advanced stats shows not only that Phlandrous is a better player, but just how disastrously awful Massoud is. It goes much deeper than just shooting as well.

Massoud: 90.5 ORTG, 44.5 eFG%, 48 TS%, 4 OR%, 15.6 DR%, 5.4 ARate, 16.8 TORate, .2 Blk%, 1 Stl%, 73% FT (30-41), 34% 2PT (21-62), 34% 3PT (35-103)

Phlandrous: 100.2 ORTG, 46.5 eFG%, 51.7 TS%, 2.9 OR%, 20.2 DR%, 17.7 ARate, 15.2 TORate, 3 Blk%, 2.9 Stl%, 80% FT (77-96), 45% 2PT (66-147), 32% 3PT (46-143)

So okay, Massoud was 2 percentage points higher on 40 less 3PT attempts. Cool. He was godawful on twos, Phlandrous is a better FT shooter who gets there more often, Massoud is 6-8 and has a laughable block %, while Fleming is 6-4 and puts up a better defensive rebound %, assist rate, TO rate, block and steal %. Sure, the level of talent they are competing against is different, but Fleming had the 38th highest usage percentage in the nation and was no doubt the focal point of opposing defenses every night and still put up better numbers.

I'm not even saying that Phlandrous is a necessity for this roster moving forward. Just that any volume 3PT shooter we look at is going to undoubtedly bring more to the table than Massoud was giving us. His numbers are straight ass.

Realize everyone is going to be after him, but Minnesota's Marcus Carr entered the transfer portal.

- named First Team All-Big Ten by the Associated press
• named All-Big Ten Second Team by the media and All-Big Ten Third Team by the coaches
• was a Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year Award top-10 candidate

19 ppg 5 apg 4 rpg

Scored 41 this year against Nebraska; finished the season with 24 4 4 in almost upsetting tOSU in the Big 10 tourney.

Everyone is going to be after him, but talk about a player changing a team's fortunes...

If he’s transferring because he likes Pitino and not even waiting to see who the new coach will be, maybe he would just follow Pitino to NM.

If he’s transferring because he likes Pitino and not even waiting to see who the new coach will be, maybe he would just follow Pitino to NM.

That makes a lot of sense.

Could a few more people like Carr entering the portal help us get players we want by focusing on them rather than the ones everyone is after?

Carr entered the 2020 NBA draft and pulled out - what are his draft prospects this year?

He was on that horrible Pitt team that went winless in the ACC under Kevin Stallings

Sounds like Carr is going to try to go pro with college as a secondary option. Will only consider 3 schools... I have no idea what that means.

Other than he ain't coming to Wake Forest.

On the other thread, I asked if LOI rules have been abandoned like transfer rules have.

On the other thread, I asked if LOI rules have been abandoned like transfer rules have.

To update this, according to ESPN & Rivals Aidoo has "committed" but isn't listed "signed" as many others are. If this is so, he won't need a waiver.

BTW, he's the biggest riser in ratings on Rivals. He was #104. Now, he's #33.

If we get him, you have to give Forbes an A for first year recruiting.

Back