• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Anyone know anything about this Robinson dude? At least he's not a guard.

Crazy stats for the PWO:

25% FT shooter; 100% from 3 (1 for 1).

6-10 is no joke. Hopefully, Robinson can help work our bigs in practice.

If I've learned nothing from listening to the LD Williams/BHo podcast, its that walkon's are extremely valuable to a program, even if they never play a meaningful minute in a game. If this kid is smart, dedicated, loves WFU, and 6-10 then he can be a great asset.

If I've learned nothing from listening to the LD Williams/BHo podcast, its that walkon's are extremely valuable to a program, even if they never play a meaningful minute in a game. If this kid is smart, dedicated, loves WFU, and 6-10 then he can be a great asset.

Sounds like a good get. I hope his upside is Sunday Okeke, getting a few minutes in games that matter.

Yeah, beats the hell out of Forbes and co. holding a broomstick.

I don't. I hope we are good enough that we never again have to play a PWO in minutes that matter.

This. Sunday played because Manning and his teams (sans John Collins) were terrible and, I guess, injuries.

I don't. I hope we are good enough that we never again have to play a PWO in minutes that matter.

I was looking at this guy as having the potential to develop and earn minutes like some football players have done, going from walk-on freshman to valued player, even starter. Jack Freudenthal, Grant Dawson, Nick Andersen type guy.

I know that doesn't happen as often in basketball, but some big guys are late bloomers. It takes them time to adjust to their bodies.

I was looking at this guy as having the potential to develop and earn minutes like some football players have done, going from walk-on freshman to valued player, even starter. Jack Freudenthal, Grant Dawson, Nick Andersen type guy.

I know that doesn't happen as often in basketball, but some big guys are late bloomers. It takes them time to adjust to their bodies.
I'd still hope we are developing big guys with legit offers and a scholarship than relying on the development of a PWO.

There are a ton of football walk-on success stories. Not as many in basketball, but there are some. Most notably, Jeff Hornacek who walked-on at Iowa State and ended up an NBA all-star and Cameron Mills who walked-on at KY and played a key role on a national championship team. Also, Scottie Pippin was a walk-on at C. Arkansas. Pippin that had an unexpected growth spurt (6-2 to 6-7), and he is a hall of famer. So, while it's unlikely that this new PWO will ever make a major on-the-court impact for WF, stranger things have happened.

There are a ton of football walk-on success stories. Not as many in basketball, but there are some. Most notably, Jeff Hornacek who walked-on at Iowa State and ended up an NBA all-star and Cameron Mills who walked-on at KY and played a key role on a national championship team. Also, Scottie Pippin was a walk-on at C. Arkansas. Pippin that had an unexpected growth spurt (6-2 to 6-7), and he is a hall of famer. So, while it's unlikely that this new PWO will ever make a major on-the-court impact for WF, stranger things have happened.

I stopped reading when "Most notably" wasn't followed by Wes Miller. :naughty:

Andre Drummond was a walk on in his 1 year @ UConn.

I also recall that former NBA player Allen Houston was not on scholarship for at least part of his time @ Tennessee. His dad was the head coach & paid his son's way to free up another scholarship.

I mean for a 610 walk on you hope you can develop him to the point at a minimum where if you need him in a certain circumstance to buy a couple of possessions you would feel OK putting him in the lineup

Last edited:
I hope he gets a late dunk vs. UVA in a blowout win and the bench erupts

Back