• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Yeah Wake's social media engagement is pretty sad on Wake's official accounts. Losing for 10+ years has an effect on that but our fan base is also tiny.

Every adult (including my sons) realizes your tweet and your post are the actions of a child.

You called me a bitch, dude. For raising a logical question about the reason for Ody’s transfer. I didn’t wish him ill will. So fuck you.

I don’t drink and haven’t in 15 years, Barney.

giphy.gif

Yeah Wake's social media engagement is pretty sad on Wake's official accounts. Losing for 10+ years has an effect on that but our fan base is also tiny.

The last time Wake won an NCAA tourney game you couldn’t even post pictures or video clips directly to twitter but needed a third party host. It’s been a really long time and the world has changed a lot, especially the world of social media. It is not a surprise that Wake fans aren’t turning the social media for news or program engagement. I hope that changes and I think Forbes and co. Are doing a good job, but it will take time and wins.

maybe he left because of the coaching change, and didn't appreciate this tweet from the fan base

You called me a bitch, dude. For raising a logical question about the reason for Ody’s transfer. I didn’t wish him ill will. So fuck you.

Were you expecting Ody to answer your question or try and explain in enough detail on Twitter to attempt to gain your satisfactory understanding of his decision?

I called you a bitch because you bitched at a kid 1/3 your age as if he owed you something. He doesn’t.

You confirmed that you’re a bitch by invoking my sons, whom you know absolutely zero about. Just so we’re clear: they didn’t apply to WF because they had *better* options. They’ll be more successful than you could ever imagine being. They are already better men.

So, fuck you. Bitch.

Who gives a flying fuck why Ody left, all we know is he didn't want to be at Wake Forest. I thought our staff coached him up really well this season and with skill development this offseason he would've improved dramatically this coming season. Now after all that, fuck him if he don't want to be a Deacon. No reason to fight about this shit boys. We'll be what we'll be and that's all we'll be(most likely bottom half of the ACC "again").

Who gives a flying fuck why Ody left, all we know is he didn't want to be at Wake Forest. I thought our staff coached him up really well this season and with skill development this offseason he would've improved dramatically this coming season. Now after all that, fuck him if he don't want to be a Deacon. No reason to fight about this shit boys. We'll be what we'll be and that's all we'll be(most likely bottom half of the ACC "again").

Until the roster is set it's pretty damn hard to say which half of the ACC we'll be in. Three spots to fill and there's still kids entering the portal everyday. It certainly seems that Ody made a questionable decision here, but we don't know why he did it. We don't even know if he's necessarily ruling out a return to Wake. Without knowing all the details, it's hard to say "fuck him". Players will leave, players will come in. It's how it goes even if we don't like it.

Ody is looking for a place where the basketball fans and cultural aspect are there. I’m not gonna tweet negatively at kids, but I also think it’s incredibly LOWF to be cool with players saying that, especially the 300th ranked recruit in his class.

Until the roster is set it's pretty damn hard to say which half of the ACC we'll be in. Three spots to fill and there's still kids entering the portal everyday. It certainly seems that Ody made a questionable decision here, but we don't know why he did it. We don't even know if he's necessarily ruling out a return to Wake. Without knowing all the details, it's hard to say "fuck him". Players will leave, players will come in. It's how it goes even if we don't like it.

If we're in the middle of the pack this year I would be happy. I've predicted that we'll probably be a tournament team not this year but next. Ody was one of my favorite players to watch and loved his improvement throughout the year. The "fuck him" talk was really a kick at those guys arguing on why he left. Truly, who gives a shit why he left and as you say "players will leave, players will come in". We need a true center freaking bad at this point. Cheers brother..

Occam's Razor. It takes a different person to knowingly sign up for and stay with a losing program. And to date we are still a losing program. Forbes has a monumental task to create a winning culture here. Because once you lose it, it's hell to get back.

He signed to play for a losing coach. He’s leaving a winning coach.

He signed to play for a losing coach. He’s leaving a winning coach.

This pretty much sums it up. Ody would've been a nice piece for the next 2 seasons, but you gotta question his decision making.

It's really, really tough going from being the guy getting as many minutes as you can play to being told you'll share minutes going forward, so from that point i can see Ody's decision but agree with questioning his decision making. Based on what I've seen he will not be the guy at any p5 school so yeah makes no sense unless he drops a level.

However, rooting for guys after they transfer is the most participation trophy generation thing to do ever. I loved it when Sarr and Kentucky fucking sucked and I hope Ody and his next school drop a bomb next year.

Back