• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Couple notes.

Kok Yat decommitted from Depaul and entered the portal. Kok Yat has a great name and is an undersized PF. We offered Kok I believe.

Jonas Aidoo is now rated the #2 C in the class of 2021...Really sucks he wasn't digging the Deacs.

Yat went to the same high school as Al-Farouq.

Ody has competition at Cincy. Miller just landed Abdul Ado from the transfer portal. Ado was Mississippi State's starting center this past season. Ado's not a scorer, but he can board and block shots. Miller also brought over Hadan Coval his 7-1 center from UNCG. So, if concerns about PT led Ody to leave WF, he may have the same concerns for the Bearcats.

Last edited:
Ody must have REALLY disliked a teammate.

Seems like a sCOOOP

Also... maybe I missed it but Forbes had previously been tweeting his congratulations to all of our transfers. Didn't see any congratulatory tweet for Ody. Adds legs to the player coach relationship angle since Forbes is such a frequent tweeter

Also... maybe I missed it but Forbes had previously been tweeting his congratulations to all of our transfers. Didn't see any congratulatory tweet for Ody. Adds legs to the player coach relationship angle since Forbes is such a frequent tweeter

Good. Ditching Wake so late in the process reeks of immaturity and likely hurt the program. Ody now the 2nd-best option (at best) at both the 4 and 5 for Cincinnati it would seem.

Couple notes.

Kok Yat decommitted from Depaul and entered the portal. Kok Yat has a great name and is an undersized PF. We offered Kok I believe.

Jonas Aidoo is now rated the #2 C in the class of 2021...Really sucks he wasn't digging the Deacs.

I can hear the chants of "We want Kok! We want Kok!" now.

That’s the old ELC though.

tenor.gif

Another "University of Wake Forest" reference... Go UWF!

In all seriousness, this is a strong pickup. Fills a hole in the backcourt for the coming year.

I love it. Covid slowed him down last season but he still had some strong games. Most notably, he had a hell of a game against Gonzaga in the second round of the tournament.

Love this dude’s size — welcome!!

Has the size at 6-5. Best game came in the NCAA Tourney against Gonzaga: 15 points.

No notable rebounding or defensive stats (steals or blocks). Williams has to be at least a decent defender playing under Lon Kruger. The one red flag is that he is a poor 3 point shooter. 17% last year; 25% for his career. Williams did shoot 84% from the line and 55% from 2 in 2021. Will be interesting to see how Forbes uses him. Maybe as a defender against dangerous wing players.

Has the size at 6-5. Best game came in the NCAA Tourney against Gonzaga: 15 points.

No notable rebounding or defensive stats (steals or blocks). Williams has to be at least a decent defender playing under Lon Kruger. The one red flag is that he is a poor 3 point shooter. 17% last year; 25% for his career. Williams did shoot 84% from the line and 55% from 2 in 2021. Will be interesting to see how Forbes uses him. Maybe as a defender against dangerous wing players.

My understanding is that he is not a great defender... But I suspect the tools are there.

And I think he's a better shooter than he showed at Oklahoma. Was at 40% from 3 in JuCo (I realize that is apples and oranges compared to the Big 12 or ACC).

Back