• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

none of our returning guys can take it hard to the hoop and dunk over someone so even if Williams can only do that, he has a role on this team. My only worry is that McCray, Hildreth, and Lucas are all competing with him (and he's older, stronger, more experienced) and with the landscape the way it is in college basketball, it's hard to see all three of those coming back for their sophomore year if they don't get playing time as Frosh.

That's one way to put it. Another is it's hard to see all three earning time as a frosh or coming back. I don't see Williams impacting it that much either way. There are plenty of minutes at the 2 and 3 for whoever is productive.

Hard disagree. Lol that you would compare him to Jalen Johnson. Do you really think Johnson would have contributed on last year's Oklahoma team? Alondes will carve out a nice little roll for us next season.

Williams was at the back end of Oklahoma's rotation. He was 7th in minutes for the Sooners and they didn't have depth. Look I love Forbes, and he's elite evaluator of talent; so, if Forbes likes Williams, that's good enough for me. Feel like five years from now, we will strain to remember Alondes Williams played for WF. The ceiling for WF next year is an NIT bid and that may be a reach. If WF is going to be mediocre, I'd rather give the minutes to the players (Hildreth, McCray, Lucas) that will be difference makers when WF is an NCAA Tourney team.

Then again, will readily admit that I watched OKlahoma play multiple times this year, and didn't know who Alondes Williams was until he almost got a backdoor cover for me against Gonzaga. So, my thoughts on the significance of his future contributions for WF are less than zero.

Last edited:
This kid has the "it" factor. Just look at the pic of Forbes he used in his announcement tweet. (Balled fists. Stomping and yelling. Totally engaged and fighting for that win.)

Williams was at the back end of Oklahoma's rotation. He was 7th in minutes for the Sooners and they didn't have depth. Look I love Forbes, and he's elite evaluator of talent; so, if Forbes likes Williams, that's good enough for me. Feel like five years from now, we will strain to remember Alondes Williams played for WF. The ceiling for WF next year is an NIT bid and that may be a reach. If WF is going to be mediocre, I'd rather give the minutes to the players (Hildreth, McCray, Lucas) that will be difference makers when WF is an NCAA Tourney team.

Then again, will readily admit that I watched OKlahoma play multiple times this year, and didn't know who Alondes Williams was until he almost got a backdoor cover for me against Gonzaga. So, my thoughts on the significance of his future contributions for WF are less than zero.

He started Oklahoma’s first 15 games of the season last year before being put in Covid protocol and missing 3 weeks of activity. He was not a “back end rotation” player for Oklahoma by any means.

Stole this from the 24/7 board, but I think it's worth watching. Enjoy the song choice, as well.

It's going to be nice to have guys who can get in the lane and dunk in Williams and McCray.

Pilch is so negative.

The shooting numbers aren’t great, but it has plus athleticism, that will be a nice addition to this team.

He's not a good outside shooter but his 2 point percentage would be the best on the team by far.

Pilch I always appreciate your insights and know that you know your shit, but I'd be hard-pressed to think that Williams won't be an upgrade from our role players over the past decade. He's a definite take and there's zero risk involved.

Always gotta take in account that Lucas/Rob/Cam are Forbes' guys, so it's less likely they'll transfer after 1 season for not getting the PT they desire.

I'm pumped for Alondes.

Given the other numbers there is at least reason to think he has a reasonable chance to improve his three point percentage.

Yeah. He doesn't shoot that many. He just needs to be able to hit open threes.

Triton College is in the house! I did not think I would ever say that in my life. Alondes dunked more in that video than our entire team did last year.

Back