• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU ranked #60 by Forbes

DeacAlum2001

Reaction score
In Forbes latest college rankings, WFU came in at 60 and Forbes has a different take on how to rank colleges and universities in the US, focusing more on results instead of recruiting. "We're not all that interested in what gets a student into college, like our peers who focus heavily on selectivity metrics such as high school class rank and SAT scores. Our sights are set directly on ROI: What are students getting out of college."

Out of the ACC schools, including ND, Wake was 6th behind Duke (15), ND (24), UVA (29), BC (35), and UNC (38). Just to give you an idea of how different these rankings are from US News, Carnegie Mellon was ranked 42.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/americas-top-colleges-2013-140200462.html - the article
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/lmh45kelg/wake-forest-university/ - the top 100 rankings (link goes straight to WFU at 60)

It's a highly regarded liberal arts school. US News has them tied with Middlebury at #4 behind Williams, Amherst, and Swarthmore. We don't hear about Pomona much on the east coast.

ya'll don't know about POMONA on the LEAST COAST

ya'll don't know about POMONA on the LEAST COAST

Nope we could give two shits, enjoy paying those ridiculous taxes.

Wake's tuition is wayyyy too high. Its a top flight education but for 50k? nope

Nope we could give two shits, enjoy paying those ridiculous taxes.

Wake's tuition is wayyyy too high. Its a top flight education but for 50k? nope

sweet comeback

better

i mean i would usually go the hippy tree hugging route rather than taxes when coming after california

Reactions: Go
Tiger has lived outside Orlando I think since he turned pro.

BYU ahead of Georgia Tech? Right..........

This list doesn't measure how good the schools are academically.I mean that is a part of it, but they factor in the cost of the school as well which puts a school like Wake at a disadvantage. UNC is not as good as Wake (and it sure as hell isn't 30 spots better or wherever this list has them) but with our high price tag it may be a better investment as far as student debt goes to some students out there who my not have the means.

Oh, and fuck UNC

Last edited:
Tiger has lived outside Orlando I think since he turned pro.

You're correct. I read about Tiger in relation to a recent article about Mickelson's tax bill after winning the Open Championship. Tiger was recently quoted in support of Mickelson and saying he left California in part because of the taxes. What was left unsaid was that he left in the mid 90s. This article has more details and gives the whole story.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...ved-too-says-mickelson-was-right-about-taxes/

BYU ahead of Georgia Tech? Right..........

This list doesn't measure how good the schools are academically.I mean that is a part of it, but they factor in the cost of the school as well which puts a school like Wake at a disadvantage. UNC is not as good as Wake (and it sure as hell isn't 30 spots better or wherever this list has them) but with our high price tag it may be a better investment as far as student debt goes to some students out there who my not have the means.

Oh, and fuck UNC

The denominator for Wake will also vary a lot more than for UNC. For some students, maybe even many students, Wake is cheaper than UNC.

Back