• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

So no one bit on my UI-Urbana-Champagne, and I was very clearly fishing.

This is the school we know as "Illinois" -- the Fighting Illini. I've found, in my profession, that many of the sports powerhouse public schools prefer to refer to themselves academically by their "directional" names to avoid the sports reputations they've earned, fairly or unfairly.

I've been paying closer attention also to the commercials of the shitty SEC schools that all emphasize the unique academic experience they have to offer by showing labs and classrooms and libraries like the athletes actually spend any time in there.

I have found the same thing. I can't tell you how many times at a conference I'm talking to someone with their name tag on and have to politely ask about their school before they are like "oh it's the flagship." Then it connects.

Makes sense, the ACC is really the only power conference that plays soccer

Gent and Greensfelder have come off the bench in most games this season. Neither played yesterday. Any intel?

Also...is Bruno Lapa still on the team? I haven't seen him play in weeks...or longer

I didn't notice Greensfelder, but I could have missed him. Knox and Twumani both subbed off. Partain came on.

Also, anybody have highlights for the Maryland game? Can't find a replay on WatchESPN.

Greensfelder definitely did not play.

I thought for sure that I heard his named called as a sub, maybe in the second half. Guess I'm wrong.

Tried to see if I could find something on twitter about it. Didn't, but saw this quote from Odenbeck after the ACC win which I thought was pretty awesome.

CxL98lLXEAAyERw.jpg

No offense to Ricky or other subs, but I'm more interested to know the confirmed status of Ferrell and Bandy.

Nobody has an update. The best updates on this thread come from gsterp.

Strong year for WFU soccer, but rebuilding year for this thread...

Nobody has an update. The best updates on this thread come from gsterp.

Strong year for WFU soccer, but rebuilding year for this thread...

As was posted earlier, Ferrell is reportedly out with a torn meniscus.

Bandy and Greensfelder both (I believe) practiced this week, so I think they will be available today. Not sure of how many minutes they'll get or if Bandy will be back in the XI.

Last edited:
Back