• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Because we lost due a totally BS way of determining a national championship. It was the same as complaining about losing a NC on a totally bogus call.

We lost because we didn't score in regulation or overtime. If you leave it to penalties, it's a crapshoot. Any coach will tell you that.

I'm amazed no one got hurt on that field. You could see the sand.

Because we lost due a totally BS way of determining a national championship. It was the same as complaining about losing a NC on a totally bogus call.

and then you belittled the sport we were playing. our players don't determine the rules of the game, they just work their asses off to play it and win.

I didn't get to see the replay until early Monday, but I did not know the result. I know you can't do something like this in a nil-nil game for the Natty, but at some point in the second half I just wanted one of the seniors, playing his last game, to cold-cock #4. Then I wanted him to walk off the field without waiting for a red card, peace out the bench and keep walking. He'd of been my fucking hero.

I have been traveling (exhausted) what did #4 do other than be a cocky a-hole who thinks Stanford should always beat little ole Weak Forest?

YOu have many opportunities apologize but have you? No of not! It would not be in your nature apologize when obviously wrong !

It is obvoius who wrong here but you are too shameful to even admit that. Stevie Wonder.

First of all, I have the right to have the opinion that no real sport should allow a championship to be decided with neither team scoring. It's totally BS and in soccer's history it wasn't part of the original rules or even part of the rules for most of the sport's existence.

I have the right to have the opinion (which many here share) that this is not the way to end a championship.

I made no personal attacks any specific fans if they hadn't attacked me first, but many made personal attacks on me. But you don't call for them to apologize to me.

If you didn't like the timing, that I can apologize for. If you don't like the opinion, I don't care.

Now let's see if the other shoe drops.

YOu have many opportunities apologize but have you? No of not! It would not be in your nature apologize when obviously wrong !

It is obvoius who wrong here but you are too shameful to even admit that. Stevie Wonder.

This read like an original rj post and I thought to myself "did rj steal dv7's password, or is dv7 sick?"

Then I realized the genius of it. Bravo sir.

Allying me with Reff is just plain mean. By the way several people besides Reff and I think you should have to score to win a championship.

First of all, I have the right to have the opinion that no real sport should allow a championship to be decided with neither team scoring. It's totally BS and in soccer's history it wasn't part of the original rules or even part of the rules for most of the sport's existence.

I have the right to have the opinion (which many here share) that this is not the way to end a championship.

I made no personal attacks any specific fans if they hadn't attacked me first, but many made personal attacks on me. But you don't call for them to apologize to me.

If you didn't like the timing, that I can apologize for. If you don't like the opinion, I don't care.

Did TheReff attack you first? And he agreed with you.

lol

The second post has nothing with the first one you quoted. Why did you think about pairing them?

Thanks for the list, good stuff.

How tall is Pannenburg? Muuss loves him some dwarf keepers. He stays in '07 and Fitzgerald starts most likely and we don't win the Natty, IMO.

I think we have played decent stuff the past two years, but I'm not totally convinced yet in how Muuss sets us up to play. I think he will stay faithful to us playing the right (Wake Forest -- kind of hate that this has become a brand, but there are worse things to be known for, like playing the Jeremy Gunn way) way and he is a killer recruiter, so we are always going to be up there, but I'm not sure we are going to see the fluency and cohesion that we saw in the mid - to late-aughts. Viddy was the brains behind that, but I also think Muuss is smart enough to get a Franks, an Armas, or whoever, to help himself out. If we win, who cares, and we are winning, so it's just a minor point at this time.

This is based on nothing but watching a handful of games the past few years, and we weren't playing all that great soccer in Jay's last few years either. I just remember hearing from former players when Muuss was an assistant that they weren't sure about him, tactically. That was a long time ago and they could have been full of shit, too.

Also, the pitch and the ref were against us. As usual.

Yep. Either too sandy or we get a situation like we did in Cary when the ref decided to keep playing when there was like a foot of standing water on the field, conveniently after UVa had gone up courtesy of an own goal against our reserve keeper. I might be conflating many different ACC tourny disappointments to UVa in this.

Back