• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I actually didn't think we looked very sharp today. DeShields in particular was sloppy on the ball and needed Sam to rescue him several times.

I actually didn't think we looked very sharp today. DeShields in particular was sloppy on the ball and needed Sam to rescue him several times.

If Butler’s forwards were more comfortable running with the ball DeShields could have given them three or four breakaways.

We were sloppy and gave up 3 or 4 opportunities that an elite opponent should have scored on. We still dominated.

They call offsides way too much. Benefit should go to offense. Those guys with the flags have nothing to do but call offsides and they are itching to call it.
lol, I was sitting up top near midfield and those offsides were plain as day obvious calls - we were 5 yards in front of the defense for 2 of them.

I cant think of another Wake sport where we just outclass our opponent at every facet. When the game opens up we look like Alabama football out there. We're faster, more skilled, better passers and dribblers, better defenders, deeper, and better coached then every team we play.

Last edited:
I cant think of another Wake sport where we just outclass our opponent at every facet. When the game opens up we look like Alabama football out there. We're faster, more skilled, better passers and dribblers, better defenders, deeper, and better coached then every team we play.

Men's tennis. But you're correct that it's certainly true for our men's soccer team also.

Agree although the second half was much more comfortable than the first.

Stanford v CCU on Stanford soccer's Facebook live for anyone interested. Scoreless in the 2oth minute.

have we ever made the Final 4 in men's tennis?

Not yet. We've just become a dominant team over the past 2 years. Two years ago was the first time we were ranked in the top 5, and last year was the first time we were ranked #1 (spent most of the year there). I think we'll remain top 5 this year as well.

W-S's Tanner Beason puts Stanford up 1-0 on a pk early in the second half. Hit the first one against us last year too.

Does Stanford play the same this season? Just a bunch of big ass white dudes who foul the shit out of you the whole match?

Back