• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

After defeating the Deacs in the NCAA tournament for three consecutive years, Stanford has demonstrated they are a better team than Wake Forest. To argue otherwise is nonsense. That does not diminish the quality and success the Deacons have achieved.

Fact is Stanford should have been a #1 seed and not sure why they weren’t 1 or 2 going into ncaas. This is same team from last year and only lost 1 starter, a defender, and lots of talented frosh added to mix with one less loss than last year. Too bad seedings were messed up so couldn’t be in College cup but Stanford much better team as they had absolute shut down D. Impressive showing.

I don't really follow soccer and have no idea if this is legitimate or not, but I heard from someone I know whose son plays for one of the better high school programs in the state, that Muuss doesn't have a good reputation regarding how he treats his players. Again, I don't know if that is true or whatever and I'm not going to name the school, so don't ask me to. I just thought I'd pass that on FWIW.

I don't really follow soccer and have no idea if this is legitimate or not, but I heard from someone I know whose son plays for one of the better high school programs in the state, that Muuss doesn't have a good reputation regarding how he treats his players. Again, I don't know if that is true or whatever and I'm not going to name the school, so don't ask me to. I just thought I'd pass that on FWIW.

Would be shocked if that is true in any way.

Would be a good post for the official soccer thread imo.

Yeah, I don't find this credible in any way.

Have heard from a manager that the players don't like him, but they recognize the fact that they win a lot and he has a hand in it. Certainly take this with a grain of salt.

Muuss isn't a "player's coach" but he doesn't disrespect his players. He demands a lot of them and they are rewarded with improvments individually and collectively as a team. But he isn't like a Wade Phillips that buddies up to his players.

Congratulations to Kevin Politz and Jon Bakero!
Politz named National Academic All-American of the Year http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/120717aaa.html
Bakero wins the Senior CLASS award http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/120817aaa.html

and Bakero made first team All-American while Politz made the third team.

Politz's academic and athletic accomplishments are amazing. I'm more proud of his award than if one of the Wake players won the Heisman or the Naismith.

Congratulations to Kevin Politz and Jon Bakero!
Politz named National Academic All-American of the Year http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/120717aaa.html
Bakero wins the Senior CLASS award http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/120817aaa.html

and Bakero made first team All-American while Politz made the third team.

Politz's academic and athletic accomplishments are amazing. I'm more proud of his award than if one of the Wake players won the Heisman or the Naismith.

His academic accomplishments are great, but this is just dumb.

His academic accomplishments are great, but this is just dumb.

Why is it dumb to have my own opinions on what I think college athletics should be? I didn't foist my opinion on you, don't foist yours on me.

Back