• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Wake up 3-2 with ~ 5 mins left. Hard challenge on Wake keeper earned a red for FIU, Panthers are now playing a man down

I think I saw Wake sneaks in at #25 in the polls. I like this team, but there are going to be some heavy hitters in the ACC this year.

Nice win. The Deacs have a lot of skilled players. Jack Harrison is the real deal.

Our team is very, very good. Love our shape both going forward and without possession.

22s feet are ungodly quick and he is built like an APC. Wow. What a player. Ian Harkes is an animal and just covers so much ground with skill to beat his man with improvisation. Love it. Hope Jacori is ok after hurting his shoulder? Elbow? Side? Not really sure. He was just so composed on the ball at all times. Love his demeanor out there. #10 was another very solid player (threw away my roster sheet, so don't remember his name), he got the goal but I think it was with a miskick. We ended up deserving that bit of luck as the match should have ended 4 or 5 nil to us. How that FGCU team is ranked is beyond me. Maybe 3 players in their side that belonged on the pitch with our boys. And their coach not playing #25, Thiago Silva, instead of long hair McGee is criminally stupid from what I saw tonight. Only time they looked dangerous was when 25 was on the pitch and receiving balls over the top. Politz, #4 for us, is one hell of a CB, but he was having fits with their 25.

22, Harrison, the former Man United academy player, is electric. His feet are unbelievably quick. His decision making went as he got tired in the 2nd half, but the raw talent is obvious. WOW. He just makes you stand on your feet when he is driving at the opposition.

I liked 7 as a target player but he is limited in his skill. Will serve a role and job but he isn't going to pour the goals in, which is what we need presumably. We had to have had 70% of the ball tonight and the 1-0 scoreline flattered FGCU a great deal. Easily should have been 4 or 5 nil at the end. #2, our RB that reminded me of Lyle Adams, missed a point blank header off a corner where his mark presumably fell victim to his narcolepsy. #10 should have scored 2 more and #15 had a golden chance too only to shoot it straight at their keeper.

Our shape and positioning is fantastic. Our ball movement is wonderful. Our finishing leaves a lot to be desired. The fact that we only have 2 seniors on the roster and only 1 that got more than 8 minutes really bodes well for next season. But I think we make some major noise this season. This team is crazy talented.

Thanks for the report and analysis DV7. That is the type of stuff I was hoping for from the board soccer fanatics when I started this thread. Will be interesting to see how we fare against ACC competition this year.

Our team is very, very good. Love our shape both going forward and without possession.

22s feet are ungodly quick and he is built like an APC. Wow. What a player. Ian Harkes is an animal and just covers so much ground with skill to beat his man with improvisation. Love it. Hope Jacori is ok after hurting his shoulder? Elbow? Side? Not really sure. He was just so composed on the ball at all times. Love his demeanor out there. #10 was another very solid player (threw away my roster sheet, so don't remember his name), he got the goal but I think it was with a miskick. We ended up deserving that bit of luck as the match should have ended 4 or 5 nil to us. How that FGCU team is ranked is beyond me. Maybe 3 players in their side that belonged on the pitch with our boys. And their coach not playing #25, Thiago Silva, instead of long hair McGee is criminally stupid from what I saw tonight. Only time they looked dangerous was when 25 was on the pitch and receiving balls over the top. Politz, #4 for us, is one hell of a CB, but he was having fits with their 25.

22, Harrison, the former Man United academy player, is electric. His feet are unbelievably quick. His decision making went as he got tired in the 2nd half, but the raw talent is obvious. WOW. He just makes you stand on your feet when he is driving at the opposition.

I liked 7 as a target player but he is limited in his skill. Will serve a role and job but he isn't going to pour the goals in, which is what we need presumably. We had to have had 70% of the ball tonight and the 1-0 scoreline flattered FGCU a great deal. Easily should have been 4 or 5 nil at the end. #2, our RB that reminded me of Lyle Adams, missed a point blank header off a corner where his mark presumably fell victim to his narcolepsy. #10 should have scored 2 more and #15 had a golden chance too only to shoot it straight at their keeper.

Our shape and positioning is fantastic. Our ball movement is wonderful. Our finishing leaves a lot to be desired. The fact that we only have 2 seniors on the roster and only 1 that got more than 8 minutes really bodes well for next season. But I think we make some major noise this season. This team is crazy talented.

Good stuff

Nice overview. To put names with numbers, 10 is Michael Gamble, 2 is Kris Reaves, and 15 is Steven Echevarria. Here is a video recap of the game http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/090515aaa.html

I don't remember 7s name and am too lazy to look it up (would take at least 5 clicks of the mouse to get to the roster! UGH! I'd much rather show my laziness by typing in this post instead...)
But he is the Spanish guy from Barcelona. Don't know if he was ever involved in La Masia tho. Big target player.

25, aka Headband, works his ass off when he gets on the pitch at left wing but his technique is quite clearly lacking. It is obvious that Muuss likes his work rate tho because he got some run in both halves.

Oh, and last thing that I forgot to mention last night, #12 is so good in his role as our 6 which allows Harkes to be that all-action B2B 8 for us. He also serves some gorgeous diagonal balls over the top for our guys to run onto behind the back line. I suspect he won't get a lot of love on the stat sheet (although I saw he had 2 assists in our first two games -- I'm assuming from set pieces?), but he is a vital part of our system and makes the guys around him look better. A fine, fine player. Not as good as Sam Cronin was for us, but a similar type of player.

I don't remember 7s name and am too lazy to look it up (would take at least 5 clicks of the mouse to get to the roster! UGH! I'd much rather show my laziness by typing in this post instead...)
But he is the Spanish guy from Barcelona. Don't know if he was ever involved in La Masia tho. Big target player.

25, aka Headband, works his ass off when he gets on the pitch at left wing but his technique is quite clearly lacking. It is obvious that Muuss likes his work rate tho because he got some run in both halves.

I believe 7 is Bakero (I'm also too lazy to look it up) and 25 is Greensfelder.

Here you go:
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/wake-m-soccer-mtt.html

No Name Cl Pos Ht Wt Hometown (Last School)
0 Alec Ferrell RS JR Goalkeeper 6-4 190 Westlake, Ohio (Westlake HS)
1 Andrew Harris RS JR GK 6-0 185 Baltimore, Md. (Gilman School)
2 Kris Reaves SO Defender 6-2 160 Duluth, Ga. (Lone Star HS (Frisco, Texas))
3 Rafael Fagundo RS SO Defender 6-3 170 Herndon, Va. (Paul VI HS)
4 Kevin Politz SO Defender 6-0 170 Morganville, N.J. (Marlboro HS)
6 Jared Odenbeck JR Defender 6-2 170 Charlotte, N.C. (Georgetown)
7 Jon Bakero SO Midfielder 6-3 165 Sitges, Spain (International School of Barcelona)
8 Jacori Hayes JR Midfielder 5-7 150 Bowie, Md. (DeMatha Catholic HS)
9 Tater Rennhack FR Forward 5-11 155 Westlake, Texas (Westlake Academy)
10 Michael Gamble SR Forward 5-7 150 Columbia, Md. (McDonogh)
11 Philip Parker SR Defender 6-0 165 Beaumont, Texas (Monsignor Kelly)
12 Brad Dunwell FR Midfielder 5-8 165 Grand Rapids, Mich. (Forest Hills Northern HS)
14 Thomas Haws RS JR Midfielder 6-0 160 Austin, Texas (Westlake)
15 Steven Echevarria SO Midfielder 5-9 145 Slate Hill, N.Y. (Don Bosco Prep)
16 Ian Harkes JR Midfielder 6-0 160 Fairfax, Va. (Gonzaga College HS)
17 John Schuman SO Midfielder 5-7 145 Columbus, Ohio (Upper Arlington HS)
19 Harrison Gregory FR Midfielder 5-10 155 Laguna Beach, Calif. (Laguna Beach HS)
20 Hunter Bandy JR Midfielder 5-9 155 Boca Raton, Fla. (Boca Raton Community HS)
21 Hayden Partain JR Midfielder 5-8 150 Frisco, Texas (Wakeland)
22 Jack Harrison FR Midfielder 5-9 155 Bolton, England (Berkshire School)
23 Hank Gauger SO Forward 6-0 165 Morrisville, N.C. (Cardinal Gibbons HS)
24 Chase Rhode SO Defender 6-1 175 Cary, N.C. (Cardinal Gibbons HS)
25 Ricky Greensfelder RS JR Midfielder 5-7 135 Baltimore, Md. (Archbishop Curley)
26 Sam Raben FR Defender 6-0 160 Greenwood Village, Colo. (Cherry Creek HS)
27 Roman Martin FR Midfielder 6-1 160 La Jolla, Calif. (La Jolla Country Day School)
28 Tane Gent JR Forward 6-0 160 Christchurch, New Zealand (St. Andrews College)
29 Logan Gdula FR Forward 5-11 160 East Lyme, Conn. (Bacon Academy)
30 Grant Bishop RS SO GK 6-1 175 Raleigh, N.C. (Broughton HS)
31 Carter Richardson FR GK 5-11 180 Dublin, Ohio (Dublin Coffman HS)

Team is up to #14 in the polls this week. If you havent been out to a game yet, you are missing out. This team is fun to watch and the upcoming matches with the ACC opp. should be very good

Agree DD12. Bump to top. I won't be there... son is playing for his HS soccer team tonight. Hope someone at the game will provide details.

Not on WatchESPN. Wanted to see this one. Go Deacs!

This is going to be a bloodbath. Hope some of the bench guys get some run to get some experience.

Back