• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU vs. Nostradamus - So You're Saying there's a Chance?

Dinos had 4 offensive boards and hit one 2 point shot.

Yup seemed like for a lot of the second half we'd get pretty decent shots inside or good looks on outside shots and simply fail to knock them down. Then immediately on the other end ND would get similar looks opportunities and make theirs. Rinse/repeat and a close game becomes an insurmountable 8-10 pt deficit even when we were playing ok. Just gotta score.

Yup seemed like for a lot of the second half we'd get pretty decent shots inside or good looks on outside shots and simply fail to knock them down. Then immediately on the other end ND would get similar looks opportunities and make theirs. Rinse/repeat and a close game becomes an insurmountable 8-10 pt deficit even when we were playing ok. Just gotta score.

This is the difference between a good team and a crappy team. We get the looks, we can't make them. This team desperately needs outside shooting threats and a couple athletic wing players who can stay in front of a man. The future is bright with Crawford, Collins, and Moore though. Moore is really athletic for a 7'1 thick guy. He's going to dictate a lot of games before his career is over.

I've given up on this program and haven't watched a game in weeks, but when I did I said that our biggest problem was shooting, not defense -- albeit our defense wasn't very good either. In basketball you have to be able to shoot; you can play the best defense imaginable but if you can't shoot you can't win.

We need to go really big (maybe Thomas, Moore and Collins) and pound the ball inside...forget shooting 20+ 3s and work on offensive rebounding. On defense perhaps we could play a triangle and 2?

We need to quit these 3 guard line-ups.

We need to go really big (maybe Thomas, Moore and Collins) and pound the ball inside...forget shooting 20+ 3s and work on offensive rebounding. On defense perhaps we could play a triangle and 2?

It's worth a try

Dinos now shooting 30.2% from 3 in conference play.

Dinos now shooting 30.2% from 3 in conference play.

And 63% from the line.

Our top FT shooter in conference play among players with 1 att per game is Collins at 65%.

Is there some sort of bizarre clause in Manning's contract that prohibits him from playing Moore and Collins at the same time? That's the only thing that makes sense.

This is what I'm wondering too, along with how we're going to use Sam J-M next year as he's listed as a 6'10 center.

With CMM

Not to make anyone scratch their head anymore, but McClinton played 21 minutes against BC in the blowout and 6 against ND. Hudson leaves and there aren't even more minutes for McClinton, which makes you wonder even more about Manning's substitution pattern. And I'm not making the case that McClinton deserves any minutes at all.

And Peral could play SF.

Could be wrong, but I thought that Peral led the nation in 3 point FG% one year (granted it helped having the opposing defense focused on Tim Duncan inside).

Could be wrong, but I thought that Peral led the nation in 3 point FG% one year (granted it helped having the opposing defense focused on Tim Duncan inside).

His junior (?) year, he made 49/100 three's, but I don't think he had enough attempts to officially qualify as the national leader.

DM said on his radio show tonight that "it's never going to happen." :tard:

I'll say this about DM- he's one stubborn SOB.

To be fair, Collins can't play the 3 at all. It's a good idea in theory, but would never work.

Back