• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are some of the most controversial #hottakes in boards history?

CreamyGoodness

Thanks Creamy!
Reaction score
I'll start by nominating myself.

I thought Redacted should have been given a 5th year. Solely to keep his recruits and the rest of the "sensational 7" intact.

It'd be interesting to see what extreme/ridiculous opinions others have had over the years.

"Why are all the newspaper headlines saying we elected a black president?"

My Sensational 7 projection post has to be up there.

Wasn't there speculation that Paul would return for year 3 because someone saw him in the Crowne Oaks leasing office?

Wasn't there speculation that Paul would return for year 3 because someone saw him in the Crowne Oaks leasing office?

I seem to remember that and some folks saying that if Lebron went to college he would've goen to Wake to play with CP3

My Sensational 7 projection post has to be up there.

Your good defense comments during the Iona debacle should be. ;)

For myself, during the USC-Texas Rose bowl in 06 I hopped on with a few minutes left in the game to mock Texas for acting like they even belonged on the same field as that great USC team. Then I watched as Rondale White got stuffed on a short 4th down and Texas reeled off 2 last minute TDs to win. I got deservedly roasted for that one.

I also predicted Bethpage Black would be a dogtrack muni that the pros would tear up in the 2002 US Open.

Your good defense comments during the Iona debacle should be. ;)

For myself, during the USC-Texas Rose bowl in 06 I hopped on with a few minutes left in the game to mock Texas for acting like they even belonged on the same field as that great USC team. Then I watched as Rondale White got stuffed on a short 4th down and Texas reeled off 2 last minute TDs to win. I got deservedly roasted for that one.

I also predicted Bethpage Black would be a dogtrack muni that the pros would tear up in the 2002 US Open.

Is Rondale any relation to Lendale White?

wake would lose in the 2nd round of the 2005 NCAA tournament

#rogersends

Mr. Lococo was certainly the most infuriating, since all that season we laughed at him. Then he laughed last and consequently, loudest.

Crystal ball Monte Carlo simulations don't lie.

I'm a big fan of the "Uncle Thomas" take/blunder

Welches grape juice is a good one.

Point Giannis is a personal favorite.

bkf's quick turn from one of the board's most outspoken liberals to one of its most outspoken conservatives. Not a hot take per se, but it's birthed a whole lotta new ones from him.

Back