• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are YOU going to do about it?

DieHardDeacon

Reaction score
With all of the energy and emotions coming out over A1 passing, what are YOU going to do to change things (use this energy to make something good come about)? The smartest minds are amongst us from the UNC system to the private universities - how can we make a change?

In all honestly, not much. I do not support the amendment, but I have other things to worry about that affect me and my family more directly.

My question is, what CAN we do?

The only way this will be undone is via a challenge in the court system (inevitable) or by electing state reps who can repeal it.

The latter will never be a reality given the voting demographics in this state.

I'm going to find some gay kids and "shove" them. Not "punch" them, but just lovingly "shove" them. Then I'll toss some money in the basket and go home feeling redeemed.

Pray, support attempts to overturn the decision, foster a sense of civility and justice with people whom I discuss it with, and as the opportunities arise, marry same-sex couples in the Church.

It's hard from 3000mi away, but support efforts to overturn the amendment and continue to live my life practicing Christianity as I know it- loving others as God gave me the example to do.

I think campaigning from here on out vehemently against Republican candidates (and the eastern Democrats) in the November election is a great way to go. Show that gay people and their affiliated interest groups are in fact a political force to be reckoned with.

I think campaigning from here

Granted, I'm really exhausted at the moment, but I thought you meant from the boards.

I was like

LOL.jpg

I think campaigning from here on out vehemently against Republican candidates (and the eastern Democrats) in the November election is a great way to go. Show that gay people and their affiliated interest groups are in fact a political force to be reckoned with.

That is part of the problem. While I oppose this amendment, I am personally much more concerned about the economic issues of the state than I am this particular issue. Pat McCrory is hands down the best candidate to address the vast majority of NC's problems (and would already be in his 4th year addressing them if he hadn't gotten Obamad by the straight-ticket voters). I don't even know what McCrory's views on this amendment are, and frankly I don't care. Whatever they are, I'm not going to oppose or not support him simply because of this amendment. That is just one of the inherent problems of the 2-party system.

That is part of the problem. While I oppose this amendment, I am personally much more concerned about the economic issues of the state than I am this particular issue. Pat McCrory is hands down the best candidate to address the vast majority of NC's problems (and would already be in his 4th year addressing them if he hadn't gotten Obamad by the straight-ticket voters). I don't even know what McCrory's views on this amendment are, and frankly I don't care. Whatever they are, I'm not going to oppose or not support him simply because of this amendment. That is just one of the inherent problems of the 2-party system.

Well the good thing is that he has serious problems with the amendment.

I personally put equal rights of all citizens over anything else, but that's just me...

McCrory has said that he supports the amendment. He tries to avoid making a big deal about it though.

Democrats need to be in control of the legislature so they can put another Amendment forward IMO.

Back