• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are your favorite fruits?

Strawberries
Oranges
Pineapple

I like the strawberry, mandarin orange, & pineapple combo that Publix sells. Not the best quality fruit but it's cheap and delicious.

Oh man. I love fruit.
Peaches, perfectly ripe pears, fresh ripe mango, and fresh pineapple are wayyy up there for me in terms of favorites; I eat an apple (honey crisp or golden delicious) or banana or both pretty much every day.
In the summer I'm all about some berries.

Like others, with few exceptions I like pretty much every fruit out there.

I do not eat a lot of pears, but when they are perfectly ripe, there is literally nothing better.

The pears you get right around Christmas time -- those are awesome. Otherwise, it seems really difficult to find a really good pear.

Durian. It has a custardy center which smells like a mix of turpentine and B.O. with a touch of almond. The taste is similar.

I think I saw this included as an ingredient on an episode of Chopped. Can't recall what they did with it.

The only fruit I really don't care for is papaya. The smell is just a little funky.

Lived in Asia (Burma) for 3 years. Some incredible fruit over there. What I can identify--mangosteens, lychee, pomelo, papaya are all incredible. Several more that I cannot recall their names.

Domestically, Rainer (sp?) cherries, honeycrisp apples, peaches, plums, oh hell, most stone fruit.

Have you had an apple/pear yet (it is a hybrid of an apple and a pear - not being a smartass)?

Haven't heard of this yet, but tried a "Grapple" (pronounced "grape-el") a couple years ago. Looks like an apple but tastes like a grape. Weird eating experience.

I don't like fruit as much as fresh veggies of all kinds.

This is generally me, although I am trying to make an effort to eat more fruit and I am liking more of it these days.

I eat a banana almost every day. Probably my favorite. Also really enjoy green grapes, clementines, and pineapple. I actually love the taste of apple, but can't eat them raw because I am allergic (something related to an oak allergy), although I enjoy them in applesauce, pies, baked, etc.

I think I saw this included as an ingredient on an episode of Chopped. Can't recall what they did with it.

The only fruit I really don't care for is papaya. The smell is just a little funky.

it always comes up on Bizarre Foods, and it's one of the few things he literally can't stomach.

the Whole Foods by my office had these things called satsumas on special the other day: basically like clementines but sweeter. I picked up a big bag for my desk.

Red Seedless Grapes
Watermelon
Cherries (real ones)
Fuji Apples
Pineapple
Kiwi
Blueberries

Did y'all know that strawberries are not technically fruits? What we call the seeds on the strawberry are actually the fruit.

Unfortunately for me I have, over he past couple of years, developed an allergy to certain fruits such as nectarines, peaches, apples, pears, plums and cherries. Sucks since those are all of the fruits I like the most. I've only had one legit scare with my throat closing up after eating a bunch of fresh cherries, but usually it's just a really uncomfortable tingling and itching in my mouth and throat. But oddly enough I can eat them all if cooked.

But of those fruits I can eat, bananas are probs my favorite.

Did y'all know that strawberries are not technically fruits? What we call the seeds on the strawberry are actually the fruit.

Unfortunately for me I have, over he past couple of years, developed an allergy to certain fruits such as nectarines, peaches, apples, pears, plums and cherries. Sucks since those are all of the fruits I like the most. I've only had one legit scare with my throat closing up after eating a bunch of fresh cherries, but usually it's just a really uncomfortable tingling and itching in my mouth and throat. But oddly enough I can eat them all if cooked.

But of those fruits I can eat, bananas are probs my favorite.

That's basically how my allergy with apples is. I've never had my throat actually close up, but I usually get itching in my mouth/throat and/or a slight swelling of my tongue or lips after eating raw apple (which I still do sometimes since it's so good). But yeah, I can eat it cooked with no problem.

073010_Wafer.jpg

Too soon?

Wife and I were in Colombia, South America and we went into this little neighborhood market and bought all kinds of weird looking produce we had never seen before just to try it out. Some were fruit and some turned out to be vegetables I guess. We had a good time peeling, chopping, and tasting all the random shit we got. Some was great, other stuff probably needed to be cooked and we didn't know how to prepare it- to this day I have no idea what some of that stuff was.

Worst Fruit:
jvi_0007s_0000_durian.jpg

I've had durian before. Talk about something you either love or hate. No one could possibly say "Durian? Meh, I can take it or leave it". Either you say it's the most foul thing ever (my position) or it's the most delicious food on the planet.

The picture doesn't really capture how scary looking they are. These things are HUGE, bigger than pineapples.

I too am a fruit lover. In some order, I'll go:

Blueberry
Pomegranate
Mausambi (lime from India)
Raspberry
Strawberry (especially those from NC's strawberry capital!)

Back