• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What day would the armageddon start for you?

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
I'm not saying that he won't be gone, and hopefully this turns out to be completely hypothetical - but how long will you wait for the news that Bzz is gone before assuming that it is not going to happen and start losing it? For me, I would say that if nothing is official by the end of day on March 19 (Wed), I will be firing off letters/emails to everyone that I can think of at Wake informing them that I will not be giving a single cent to WFU as long as Ron Wellman is the AD. On the other hand, if Bzz is offically gone before then, I will send in a token donation the very next (or maybe same) day. Hopefully I will be sending in some money early next week.

People were freaking out by ACC Tournament Friday last year.

Of course, it proved to be justified

There has to be an extension, even if just one year, if [Redacted] is not fired. If that happens, I'd expect that by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I would be a little nervous if he is the Wake coach this time next Friday.

I expect the "resignation" presser next Tuesday, where Bzd says he has accomplished what he set out to with Wake, but wants to pursue other goals, maybe get back in NBA ops, blah, blah, blah... then Ron comes in, says Bz did everything asked of him, had some really bright spots (Miami LY, NC3 "sweep" this year) and lavishes praise on how Jeff left the cupboard full for the successor, goes on to say that we are a program in transition with a really bright future thanks to the foundation laid by Jeff, RW being a politician will "thank" the fans for their patience and then proceed to announce Louis Orr as our head coach in two weeks - that will be my Armageddon.

Tip time of the 1st Dayton play in game next Tuesday. If Ron hasn't done anything by then, I am assuming he won't take time away from his tournament duties to deal with it.

I AM FREAKING OUT NOW!!! I wrote a letter to Nathan O Hatch and told him I'm transferring my $$$ to High Point U.

Tick tock.

Relax, it is safe to fully support the Deacons again without concern.

Tick tock.

Relax, it is safe to fully support the Deacons again without concern.
Any word on when an announcement will be made? OR at the least a hint when tick tock becomes celebration? I get that you can't just come out and say it of course.

Last edited:
Any word on when an announcement will be made? OR at the least a hint when tick tock becomes celebration? I get that you can't just come out and say it of course.

Even with an announcement of Bz's demise, the second debacle is having Wellman select Bz's successor...hope all feel confident with his abilities...

Even with an announcement of Bz's demise, the second debacle is having Wellman select Bz's successor...hope all feel confident with his abilities...
Oh absolutely. That is why we need to just enjoy Buzz's firing and worry about the hire when the time comes. Like our last trip to the NCAA tournament: beating Texas was awesome and enjoyable even with knowing who we had to play next.

Back