• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do recent past players think about the whole culture change topic?

artlee

Reaction score
I haven't heard or read any comments about the culture change needed from former players. Has there been anything I missed. Seems the constant reference of needing to change the culture would offend them quite a bit.

You couldn't post here what some of the players I knew would probably have to say. Fortunately, culture was not one of the recruiting criteria Carl Tacy and Dave Odom used.

Mark Dale was a pretty good role model (Tacy coached team)

While it is offensive to them, they recognize that it is a BS attempt to cover a bad HC decision. There were a few "misses" in the past, as there will be in the future, but the players know better than anyone who was and wasnt a good guy. They are particularly irritated when others throw names around that clearly never should be associated with any concept of "poor character." Folks that buy this "culture change" crap do the vast majority of our players a tremendous disservice. It is a shame that ignorance isnt painful.

Read RW's quotes when Dino signed his extension.

Anybody indicted by the new spin is fully aware of what's happening...

While it is offensive to them, they recognize that it is a BS attempt to cover a bad HC decision. There were a few "misses" in the past, as there will be in the future, but the players know better than anyone who was and wasnt a good guy. They are particularly irritated when others throw names around that clearly never should be associated with any concept of "poor character." Folks that buy this "culture change" crap do the vast majority of our players a tremendous disservice. It is a shame that ignorance isnt painful.

I keep coming back to why in the hell these players signed on to play for this clown in the first place. I have to believe we're totally damaged goods in the near-term recruiting market until our athletic department is overhauled.

Back