• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What grade would you give O for his first term?

Obama's first term grade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
Just grade him and not his opponent for the upcoming election.

B-. Respectable given how hard the test was.

Made too many promises he couldn't keep; went right on certain issues that I really disagreed with; made some questionable decisions.

I like the thread title implying he'll have two terms. Tells you just how fucking bad Romney/Ryan are.

C-

I would think the Pubs would be happy - government is smaller, taxes still low, wars rage on, guns untouched, wall street still relatively unfettered, huge profits for corporations, subsidies for oil and corn still rockin'

Oh, those pesky housing jobs lost, and those teachers still making bank while doing nothing, how could I forget. and the debt. That mean old debt that always makes conservatives tighten their sphincters when they don;t have the reigns.

Last edited:
Because if he loses, Obama's first term would no longer be called his first term? :wtf:

Because "first" by its nature implies more than one in an order. If he loses, it'll just be "Obama's term." Stop arguing with me or I'll threaten to kick your mofuggin ass at a tailgate, chump.

Because "first" by its nature implies more than one in an order. If he loses, it'll just be "Obama's term." Stop arguing with me or I'll threaten to kick your mofuggin ass at a tailgate, chump.

:bowrofl:

Noted historian Douglas Brinkley gave him an A yesterday and I concur with his assessment.

C+ for the 2 years he COULD do something
Congress gets a F-

This is what I was thinking.....hard to grade him when the other side blocks every thing he tries, regardless of if they like it or not...

C+, unless you include the Congressional clusterfuck of the past two years in the curve, which might push him to a B.

Foreign policy has been well done, the economy hasn't budged much, but he was the guy in charge when its free fall was halted. Stagnant is better than crumbling. Incomplete on healthcare. Big fat F on debt. Yeah, I think somewhere in the middle is appropriate.

C-

I would think the Pubs would be happy - government is smaller, taxes still low, wars rage on, guns untouched, wall street still relatively unfettered, huge profits for corporations, subsidies for oil and corn still rockin'

Oh, those pesky housing jobs lost, and those teachers still making bank while doing nothing, how could I forget. and the debt. That mean old debt that always makes conservatives tighten their sphincters when they don;t have the reigns.

I see you post this time and again, and it is just wrong. I don't know where you are getting your figures, but by any measurable metric, govenment is much bigger under President Obama. (not blaming him, just pointing out the fact).

1) The federal budget has ballooned, i.e. spending more on government
2) The number of federal employees has increased 6.2% since he was inaugurated, i.e. more federal employees
3) More citizens are on public assistance than in the history of the republic, and government regulation and oversight has ballooned. i.e. government intrusion into our lives has increased.

I just don't get where you say government is smaller.

Last edited:
C

Good: Killed bin Laden, arrested economy's free-fall, lots of good stuff in the stimulus, PPACA

Bad: Appointed Timothy Geithner, a captured bitch, to Secretary of the Treasury. Had a US citizen murdered. Didn't get the public option. Hasn't spent enough to get us out of the hole. TBTF banks have gotten bigger.

Last edited:
I see you post this time and again, and it is just wrong. I don't know where you are getting your figures, but by any measurable metric, govenment is much bigger under President Obama. (not blaming him, just pointing out the fact).

2) The number of federal employees has increased 6.2% since he was inaugurated, i.e. more federal employees
3) More citizens are on public assistance than in the history of the republic, i.e. government intursion into our lives has increased.

Federal employees are down as a share of the population, and total government employees are down by any measure. I know Obama is only responsible for the Federal government, but he "could" have given more aid to states and local governments to preserve teaching jobs. Anyways, two sides to most data points.

3) More citizens are on public assistance than in the history of the republic, and government regulation and oversight has ballooned. i.e. government intrusion into our lives has increased.

Could you clarify what you mean in #3? More people are going to be on public assistance during a recession, how is that an increase of government intrusion or is there something else you're referring to here that I'm missing or not thinking about.

he gets a C.

should've gotten out of afghanistan and iraq quicker, and shouldn't make so many excuses

Back