• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What happened to Naz-T Deac?

Really? I have no doubt it's dude's dream job, but do we really want that guy yucking it up with our potential big time doners? The guy that doing the shopping cart in the aisles. He's the guy that's gonna close the on campus arena donation? I doubt it.

Nope. He calls in Chill as the closer.

Deacon Club donations have been on the rise for 2 years now, so someone over there is doing a good job.

His personality is much more than just a sideshow at the basketball games. He's really good at what he does, and held a similar position with WXII before moving over to WFU. Thankfully, he's much better at his job than he is dancing.

Nope. He calls in Chill as the closer.

Deacon Club donations have been on the rise for 2 years now, so someone over there is doing a good job.

That's pretty impressive given the economy and the performance of our teams.

That's pretty impressive given the economy and the performance of our teams.

I think it's partially a function of how much they declined when the economy tanked. Nowhere to go but up! Still, my man NazT works his ass off and from everything I heard he's doing a great job.

Really? I have no doubt it's dude's dream job, but do we really want that guy yucking it up with our potential big time doners? The guy that doing the shopping cart in the aisles. He's the guy that's gonna close the on campus arena donation? I doubt it.

Ugh. Horrible post. Dude is good at what he does and is one our best assets in the Wake community. Pairing him Randolph Childress will definitely help get the job done.

I second PHDeac, one of the wisest oves by the DC was getting NazT to come on board. His love and loyalty are unquestioned and he makes a friend with every person he meets. This school and the DC would be best with a handfull of NazT's out there asking for donations. I'd have a tough time telling him no and with RC no way.

The students/young alums that experienced Childress are now old enough that significant donation is possible. Seems like good timing to bring him on.

If Wake hires Ish in 12 years, and he calls me when I'm in my mid-to-late thirties, I might break open the checkbook as well.

Agreed. Naz knows what it's like to be a fan. And you trust him. You know he has wake's interest at heart. The deacon club has hired quite a few more staff members. They are targeting donors across the country. The proof is in the pudding on what a sound business decision that was.

Ugh. Horrible post. Dude is good at what he does and is one our best assets in the Wake community. Pairing him Randolph Childress will definitely help get the job done.

Really?

You realize that dudes that have 100MM in the bank dont shop at Walmart and eat at Arbys, right?

I must have missed the memo that the only people the DC solicits money from are the "dudes that have 100MM in the bank."

Really?

You realize that dudes that have 100MM in the bank dont shop at Walmart and eat at Arbys, right?

Perhaps you could shed some more light on what you think it takes to be successful in the role. Is this your field of expertise? It appears you may not know Naz or anything about what's going on.

Pretty sure personable, knowledgeable and passionate about Wake Forest is probably high on the list of qualifications.

If I had 100MM in the bank I'd definitely still be eating at Arbys.

Dudes with 100MM in the bank are a tiny minority of those who give to the Deacon club.

Bullshit. You would own a few Cookout franchises and eat there every meal.

Oh I would definitely be doing the cookout thing too, but I'm not going to forsake my former boards name just yet. :cool:

This. Great guy, although he does owe me a deaconhead rug from winning the guess the "opening the gate" contest a couple of years back. :D

If you want the rug, go make a post on DeaconSports.com about it. I'm sure he'll see it since your post will make that thread the lead thread for about 3 days.

Back