• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What happened to the old deacon chopper

AsheboroDeacon

Reaction score
What is up with the new motorcycle? It isn't nearly as nice as the old one. It was impressive and made a statement when the deacon rode it out. Anyone know why the change?

You talking about the Orange Bowl model? I know it was up for sale at one point. I think it had a 80,000 price tag IIRC

I thought it was raffled off for charity or for the deacon club or something

The original one was raffled off several years ago, it was awarded to some dude at the last home game (NCSU) of that season. The next season they started rotating in various custom bikes.

Well the new one is about as loud as a moped

WFU also owns a (2007?ish) NASCAR stock car that is decked out in WFU logos and colors. They plan to use it a few times this season to alternate with the chopper.

WFU also owns a (2007?ish) NASCAR stock car that is decked out in WFU logos and colors. They plan to use it a few times this season to alternate with the chopper.

I know at the Meineke Bowl there was a car in Wake colors with Wake logos on it. Wonder if its the same one.

I would assume so. It was out in front of Bridger Saturday morning. I'm not sure who donated it, I assumed RCR, but I was told it was not them.

I'd like to see us use this for basketball.

Better sportsmanship. ;)

The old one failed the EPA standards for gas mileage. So the options were a Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt or this less powered motorcycle. Be glad we're not using a smart car or the stupid Fiat being over-advertised now.

Back