• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is Manning's next job?

I am still in a little disbelief that Manning was actively try to find other colleges for Wake Basketball players while he was still the head coach. It baffles my mind why people do such petty and morally repugnant things due to spite.

just makes me mad at how horrible people can be. at least a few of the players had a moral code to not partake in his "burn it down" plan.

I am still in a little disbelief that Manning was actively try to find other colleges for Wake Basketball players while he was still the head coach. It baffles my mind why people do such petty and morally repugnant things due to spite.

just makes me mad at how horrible people can be. at least a few of the players had a moral code to not partake in his "burn it down" plan.

Before this gets repeated over and over and then becomes a historic narrative, I'd like to see actual evidence that this took place.

I said this on another thread, but I think he gets another head coaching job. (though probably at a low/mid-major)
There's a serious narrative out there that Manning's failure was Wake Forest's fault, not his. Most oddly, this narrative comes most strongly from Blue Blood fanbases, don't ask me why.
Regardless, it's believed enough that someone is going to employ his ass eventually.

He had so little of a record before coming here though. A lot of the appeal when he was at Tulsa was that dude was such a great player that he'd be able to recruit up a storm, and had shown some decent coaching upside.

But now he is a known commodity as a coach, and not an appealing one

Before this gets repeated over and over and then becomes a historic narrative, I'd like to see actual evidence that this took place.

You want someone to talk? I guess that could happen.

I'm also interested to hear what happens w/ the rest of his staff.

For example, what is Rex Walters going to do now? The one year bet on joining Manning's staff did not pay off.

If you look at Walters resume, not sure he had much to lose. Musselman didn’t take him to Arkansas, after leaving Nevada, so he’s had several one year jobs since being fired at San Francisco. Being an ACC assistant coach doesn’t look all bad on the resume.

Maybe Cal will hire him and he can reunite with Sarr.

Maybe that has been the plan all along. I mean, DM is no stranger to quid pro quo.
Had Justius gotten the ETSU job, I wouldn't have been surprised to see DFL land there.

Won't be surprised if it still happens.

Had Justius gotten the ETSU job, I wouldn't have been surprised to see DFL land there.

Won't be surprised if it still happens.

With Jason Shay getting the ETSU job, I would be shocked if he hired Manning. Manning seems to have done major dis-service to Forbes having any early success at Wake. The "Family" stuff should work in both directions. I don't see Shay giving Manning a landing place if that is true.

I said this on another thread, but I think he gets another head coaching job. (though probably at a low/mid-major)
There's a serious narrative out there that Manning's failure was Wake Forest's fault, not his. Most oddly, this narrative comes most strongly from Blue Blood fanbases, don't ask me why.
Regardless, it's believed enough that someone is going to employ his ass eventually.

The only people that believe that narrative are KU fans and dumbasses.

Anyone who paid even a second of attention to any game in the last 6 years and you could tell that Danny didnt give a shit. Just showed up to collect his money each day.

With Jason Shay getting the ETSU job, I would be shocked if he hired Manning. Manning seems to have done major dis-service to Forbes having any early success at Wake. The "Family" stuff should work in both directions. I don't see Shay giving Manning a landing place if that is true.

Absolutely. Forbes has done a brilliant job of building relationships in the coaching community, which allowed him to move up the ladder after starting at a very low point. I get the distinct impression Danny has not done the same.

Maybe that was partly out of having a spot on his staff's alma mater for as long as he wanted, and then going straight to being a HC, but seems like it's gonna be tough for him to find a landing spot without those relationships in place (besides going back to KU or maybe latching on with a Self disciple)

Back