• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best 1-2 combo of back to back concerts you have seen or heard about?

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
So I am venturing off the sports thread, but in December, George Strait is playing two shows in Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena. Lo and behold, one Reba McEntire is also playing in Vegas in December on those two dates (before you hate on Reba, just remember Fancy). So this would allow me to go see George Strait one night and Reba the following night, which in my opinion would be one of the best concert combos possible. I know my taste tend to run to 80's and 90's country, but that seems like a great weekend to me, plus it will be in Vegas.

I wanted to see if any of y'all have seen two different artists in concert back to back, and if it was worth it? What would be your best combo, and has it ever happened?

A couple of years ago, when I was touring Fenway, they had James Taylor the night before and Pearl Jam that night.

I didn't see it though.

The real answer is probably Woodstock or Gathering of the Juggalos.

I saw Tom Fogerty and ZZ Top on Wednesday, and am going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd tomorrow. Not two days in a row, but only two days in between and some pretty sweet acts. :)

Other than those, I'd probably be thinking of music festivals... I can't think of another time I've seen two concerts in two days.

A couple of years ago, when I was touring Fenway, they had James Taylor the night before and Pearl Jam that night.

I didn't see it though.

The real answer is probably Woodstock or Gathering of the Juggalos.

Ya, I should've said other than festivals, but James Taylor and Pearl Jam in Fenway would be pretty epic.

I saw RHCP & The Foo Fighters on the Californication tour in 2000. It doesn't sound as cool now, but those were the biggest rock bands in the world that year.

Does Bruce on back-to-back nights count? We went on 12/30 and 12/31/75 to the Tower Theater weeks after he had been on the covers of Time and Newsweek. NYE was about as close to a perfect concert as there can be.

The best opening act/headliner for me was Stevie Wonder opening for The Stones.

Coach O must be about my age judging from the bands he listed.

What about Michael Jackson in 1984 followed by Heart in 1985? Not really back to back, but I didn't get to a lot of shows back then.

In 1976, I saw Gary Wright, Peter Frampton, and Yes play back-to-back-to-back on the same day in old JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. Frampton had just released his Frampton Comes Alive album. Yes did Roundabout for an encore with a laser show. Incredible concert.

I saw Tom Fogerty and ZZ Top on Wednesday, and am going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd tomorrow. Not two days in a row, but only two days in between and some pretty sweet acts. :)

Other than those, I'd probably be thinking of music festivals... I can't think of another time I've seen two concerts in two days.

First of all, John not Tom. Second of all, Skynyrd nowadays is an abomination.

How does that happen? Did people leave after the opener and others came in? I don't see much crossover between those groups of fans.

About 1/4 (probably a little less) of the crowd left after Rage. I lot of people that were there just for U2 had some confused faces during Rage's opening. It was a good show - Rage was awesome. The whole late 90s Pop Mart tour from U2 was just ok. Their big encore was the song they did for Batman.

Just saw a pair of legends tours, they ere great...Kristofferson a few weeks ago (with Merle’s son) and Paul Simon last week.

Back