• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best bar you've ever been to?

The Flying Saucer in Nashville, TN.

flying_saucer%20-%20large.jpg

Why this particular one

park slope has too many yuppies

So does this board. And Wake. And America. (Another vote for Park Slope being awful.)

To answer the original question, The Porterhouse in Dublin and the Kona BrewCo in Hawaii.

ETA: Most fun bars I'd never go back to unless single would probably be Razzles in Daytona Beach and Rehab at the Hard Rock in Vegas

Last edited:
zqglass, you serious about 'Flying Saucer' ??? A chain!?

The first time I visited The Standard beer garden in NYC near Chelsea, I fell in love.

This is the perfect Brasky answer, it's brah heaven. I hate it, but take any visiting friend brahs there and let them loose. Like watching labs in the ocean

Before I had spent much time in NY or Philly, my answer would have been Brass Rail in Palmyra, PA.

So does this board. And Wake. And America. (Another vote for Park Slope being awful.)

To answer the original question, The Porterhouse in Dublin and the Kona BrewCo in Hawaii.

ETA: Most fun bars I'd never go back to unless single would probably be Razzles in Daytona Beach and Rehab at the Hard Rock in Vegas

is rehab really a bar or just a sunday guido fest

all I'm gonna say is I had a 5 year Vegas hiatus and I was worried that there'd be all new people working at the piano bar and it'd suck but NOPE all 4 performers still there, which makes sense because its the best place in the world so why ever leave???

all I'm gonna say is I had a 5 year Vegas hiatus and I was worried that there'd be all new people working at the piano bar and it'd suck but NOPE all 4 performers still there, which makes sense because its the best place in the world so why ever leave???

This doesn't sound like self-imposed exile.

And yes, Brews, Rehab is as guido as it gets west of the dirty Jerz. BUT when in Rome and all that jazz, no room for grumpiness in the Vegas Ibiza

South Slope is grimier and more fun than Park Slope proper, and where almost all those bars I listed are. But it's probably subjective.

And yes, Brews, Rehab is as guido as it gets west of the dirty Jerz. BUT when in Rome and all that jazz, no room for grumpiness in the Vegas Ibiza

hey man, everyone is on the strip to have fun. it's pretty hard to find someone in a bad mood (unless they are at a game table too long).

South Slope is grimier and more fun than Park Slope proper, and where almost all those bars I listed are. But it's probably subjective.
All the yuppies that I know without kids who lived in park slope now live in south slope.

Do you like Sharlene's?

All the yuppies that I know without kids who lived in park slope now live in south slope.

Do you like Sharlene's?

Not surprised. My gf essentially lived in Gowanus after she kept getting priced out of places. And yeah Sharlenes is dope. Only went there once and was p drunk already but it has that super long bar, right? Almost in Prospect Heights? I think it is run by a former Commonwealth manager.

I don't do Vegas unless I have the appropriate bankroll to do it right

Willie-T's located in the BVI's near Tortola. The bar is actually on a sunken ship that you get to by boat. That place gets crazy at night!

Back