• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best place to eat in the winston salem area??

Meridian is pretty good. The pork belly I had there was fantastic.

Went to Brixx last night. Pretty good pizza and beer list.

Meridian is good, but probably a bit overpriced.

I did something so horrific in Burke Street Pizza's bathroom once that none of you would ever, ever eat there if you knew what flew out of my bowels. They should have condemned the place after it.

Just an FYI, Burke Street now has a GSO location as well, on Fleming Road off of Bryan Blvd.

headed to the dash stadium today for a bit any places around there I should check out? get some hot wings at phillys haha jk

“Fratellis"..... a good old high school buddy is one of the owners and he has been very sucessful in his other restaurants so I would highly recommend giving it a try!

What are his other restaurants?

brixx has become my new favorite drinking hole. $2 domestic drafts on mondays (and im talking domestic micro-brews; new belgium, foothills, sweetwater etc...) and they are constantly changing the draft options (at least 12 options). oh and BOGO pizza late night every night....

Head to Lexington for BBQ. And Mountain Fried and K & W. I kid you not, eat like a king for pauper prices.

Kanes & Walkers isn't half bad. But not the first place that comes to my mind when thinking of somewhere to go eat.

But I am going to Mama Zoe's tonight. Best home cooked/style restaurant in town.

Easy, fella.

No dice. K & W is a terrible, canned, cafeteria food chain for people who consider salt an exotic spice. It's just the place for cheap people to take Nana out to sunday lunch once a month. Every time i've ever left a K&W i've been surprised that I didn't see a blue hair keel over and take a face plant into their ketchupy meat loaf and saucer of creamed corn.

One of my employees has to take her mother to K&W at least once a month. She calls it Kanes & Walkers, too. I had never heard that before, and I've been here almost 30 years.

Didn't K&W start in Winston?

It's amazing how some businesses become a success. KC Masterpiece is one of the most well known bbq sauce brands in the world, yet the original restaurant is trash and people in KC hate the place so much that all of the other area chain locations closed down.

i wouldnt say k&w is terrible.. not a big fan of the cafeteria style but they have good food sometimes and its not too expensive.. but for southern food id go with millers down in mocksville or sweet potatoes.. just like those kind of restaurants

Back