• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best Zeppelin album?

best zeppelin album

• Led Zeppelin (1969)

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Led Zeppelin II (1969)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Led Zeppelin III (1970)

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Houses of the Holy (1973)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Physical Graffiti (1975)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Presence (1976)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Through the Out Door (1979)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Coda (1981)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • doofus/numbers

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
When I was in middle school, I owned the Zoso (IV) album just like every other middle schooler at the time. And all my little friends told me that Led Zeppelin worshipped satan because they drew these little triangles and squares and squiggly lines on their album cover. "Dude, they're satanic, just like Ozzy and Alice Cooper! Look at that triagle with a squiggly line! Thats satanic language! And 'Zoso' is spanish for 'I worship satan'. Man, they're WAY COOL because of the satan worship thing. I'll bet they bite the head off bats too!"

I think it's Physical Graffitti WAY out front with all the others being lesser great works.

Physical Graffitti is just the most musically diverse and interesting to me. Plus it has In My Time of Dying on it, which may be my all time favorite Zeppelin song.

I would probably vote LZ 3 as my next choice. As someone said before, side two is perfect and that album has Since I've Been Loving You on it, which I still like to listen to every once in a while when I am driving around at night thinking about cruising around Winston with my high school friends. (I did not go to high school in the early 70s, just so you all know...)

Near tie between I and III but gave the slight nod to III.

I love I, but the blues covers bring it down, IMO (especially I Can't Quit You). Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and How Many More Times are both epic, and that's not even mentioning Dazed and Confused.

My favorite thing Zeppelin has ever put out, live or studio:

This thread has inspired me to go back and listen to all the studio albums. Hit I and III early, currently working on II. The bass work on "The Lemon Song" is awesome.

Back