• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite word in the English language?

Townie just killing it with the GRE words.

Gazebo is by far my favorite word to say.

Cacophony is cooler.

both better than diaphony or polyphony or symphony

Music has the greatest [sometimes loan-]words.

Ostinato
Bolero
Coda

great british bake off taught me English people say the word "oregano" like a bunch of fucking idiots

great british bake off taught me English people say the word "oregano" like a bunch of fucking idiots

watched the episode last night where they made pita bread and they pronounced it "pit-uh" (instead of "peet-ah"). Had no idea what they were going to be making until they did the cut-away to paul and mary discussing a good pita bread.
the ory-GONE-oh is silly-sounding.

Can we start a favorite word in a foreign language next? Mine is boule de neige.

I liked when Skip Prosser told Stan Cotton that Josh Howard was 'recalcitrant.' I went and looked it up. I used it on a PIP for a problem employee I have just today.

subterfuge is one I like to throw in from time to time.

cunt is useful if the timing is right

Samuel Wait on this board introduced the term "surreptitiously" to me several years back (seriously pissing off the other side) and I've enjoyed it ever since.

Back