• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What more does Bz have to do to ensure he'll be back next year?

Well?

• Total voters
I honestly think an NIT bid keeps him around unless he was planning on leaving at year's end regardless.

Who can honestly say what metrics Wellman will use to justify keeping [Redacted]? I hope BabyDeac is right, but nothing would really surprise me at this point.

He's not coming back.*

*I'm depending on an irrational man to do something rational when I say that.

NIT bid definitely seals the deal. The question is will be wins be quality? I can't see us getting in at 16-16...... probably not 17-15 either. I'd say 18-14 gets us there so I revise my answer to 4 wins.

NIT bid definitely seals the deal. The question is will be wins be quality? I can't see us getting in at 16-16...... probably not 17-15 either. I'd say 18-14 gets us there so I revise my answer to 4 wins.

18-14 likely won't either. Not the same NIT as a few years ago. Nothing to gain by taking an 18-14 wake team.

Going back to baby's comments (I'm 100% babyIN), the guy does not want to be here anymore. It's not going to be Wellman's decision; it'll be Bzdick's.

I'm hoping Wellman experienced an amazing high when his football hire was received so enthusiastically and lovingly by the Wake family. He's had just a taste of reprieve from the bzzdaster of our basketball program and the overwhelming disdain of the fanbase.

That moment tasted delicious, didn't it, Mr. Wellman? You know how to get another bite, right? Go ahead...dump bzz and make a good hire. Redeem yourself and feast on the glory!

RW does have a rather large ego, no?

Last edited:
While on my mind I would hope anything short of the Sweet 16 would lead to his termination I think 5-6 wins will be enough for Wellman to give [Redacted] an extension.

The guy already tried to resign, what, three times? Regardless of what Ron wants, why the hell would he sign an extension, short of Ron holding a gun to his head?

40 days.

Going back to baby's comments (I'm 100% babyIN), the guy does not want to be here anymore. It's not going to be Wellman's decision; it'll be Bzdick's.

i think it's more of that if Bzz "resigns" instead of getting fired, then Wellman doesn't have to claim that he fucked up big time

Back