• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What record will Wake football have going into the UNC game?

??

• Total voters
Lol, it matters absolutely zero that fans think ahead. I hate to break it to you, but y'all aren't playing the game.

I will have you know that I have worn my Wake golf shirt to work the day before every game this season. Now that we are 5-0, do you want me to stop?

I will have you know that I have worn my Wake golf shirt to work the day before every game this season. Now that we are 5-0, do you want me to stop?

What you wear totally matters!! Don't change anything!

What you say or think doesn't matter, that's the point above... ;-)

Pretty good chance that UNC will be 5-3 heading into that game and likely still a sizable favorite over Wake.

Actually kind of funny that UNC's next 3 games (FSU, Miami, @ND) all come ahead of a HUGE non-conference match-up against Wake Forest.

That schedule was probably viewed a lot differently a few months ago.

I would have said 7-1 with a loss @Army, but given their performance against Ball St, 8-0 does not feel weird to say.

figure we should have about an 80%+ of winning each game (roughly equates to being a 10pt fav) so i think there’s a greater than 50% chance of going 8-0

we are only a smaller favorite (7 pts) @syracuse than i was expecting/hoping. still should roughly equate to a 75% chance of winning, and i figure we'll be pretty big favorites vs. duke. it seems some of the advanced stats don't like us that much, we are only ranked 54th in SP+, for example.

we are only a smaller favorite (7 pts) @syracuse than i was expecting/hoping. still should roughly equate to a 75% chance of winning, and i figure we'll be pretty big favorites vs. duke. it seems some of the advanced stats don't like us that much, we are only ranked 54th in SP+, for example.
It's all media hype. We would beat Texas A and M nine out ten times right now. But we are Wake Forest and they are the almighty SEC. Just cuz your coach makes 9 million a year doesn't mean you can't be beat. Fuck Alabama too. Who have they played?

We might lay 50 on Army. We are a ten play drive team. Just like they like to do except we are better at it.

Depends on which one you look at. We're essentially equivalent with our poll ranking in Sagarin (#21).

Personally I don't think being a touchdown favorite on the road against a 'cuse team that has looked at least average so far this year is that much of a slight

Depends on which one you look at. We're essentially equivalent with our poll ranking in Sagarin (#21).

Personally I don't think being a touchdown favorite on the road against a 'cuse team that has looked at least average so far this year is that much of a slight

not a huge slight, but sagarin ratings suggest we should be a 9.5 pt favorite -- so vegas either believes sagarin overrates us (and perhaps believes some of the logic behind the FP+ system) or thinks syracuse is underratd (or some combo of the two -- syracuse is 70 in SP+ vs. 80 in sagarin). obvously based on that, vegas thinks we are better than where FP+ has us, as well.

obviously none of these systems is perfect and we are still talking about not much data, so shouldn't read too much into it.

State game is a conference game (just saw Deacs ATS addressed this) and may end up being considerably more important than UNC.

Also, ironic that Louisville fans would complain about anything, or some conspiracy "fixing" or cheating...from the actual cheaters themselves to say that...takes cajones.

Actually kind of funny that UNC's next 3 games (FSU, Miami, @ND) all come ahead of a HUGE non-conference match-up against Wake Forest.

That schedule was probably viewed a lot differently a few months ago.

I'm guessing UNC fans still view it that way.

not a huge slight, but sagarin ratings suggest we should be a 9.5 pt favorite -- so vegas either believes sagarin overrates us (and perhaps believes some of the logic behind the FP+ system) or thinks syracuse is underratd (or some combo of the two -- syracuse is 70 in SP+ vs. 80 in sagarin). obvously based on that, vegas thinks we are better than where FP+ has us, as well.

obviously none of these systems is perfect and we are still talking about not much data, so shouldn't read too much into it.

Didn’t the line open at 11?

FWIW, three weeks ago, WF was 150 to 1 to win the ACC on FanDuel. WF is now 8 to 1. Clemson is still the heavy favorite at +110 (which is insane to me; they needed a fumble to beat BC at home). Pitt is the 2nd choice at +450 (4.5 to 1); State is 10 to 1 and UNC is 12 to 1. Apparently, a big group pounded WF at 150 to 1, 125 to 1 and then 80 to 1, before the linemakers caught on to the fact that the Deacs had a legit shot at the conference title. I have a little piece, which I wish was bigger...

Got my tickets and my flight booked. Will be there with my unc alum brother.

Back