• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What season was more enjoyable: basketball or football?

TopHat

Reaction score
Tolerable would probably be a better word, but what one would you choose?

Obviously, both were pretty underwhelming but had some bright spots. Football had the Camp records and some big plays by Nikita plus some nice home wins against State and Maryland. For basketball we had Travis' last year and the home wins against UNC, Duke and State.

Basketball was less disappointing. The power of setting the bar low!

UNC win was probably the reason I would give basketball the edge, though it ended up being fools gold.

Highlight of football season beating State and getting a new coach.

Highlight of basketball season sweeping Duke, UNC and State at home and getting a new coach.

I didn't really get too emotional about basketball because every win felt scarred and there was a bright side to every ass kicking.

That Miami football game though. Ugh. To play so well and still blow it.

I find major dental work to be more enjoyable than either of last season.

Neither football nor basketball has been very enjoyable the past few years. Thanks, Ron. Thanks, Jeff. Thanks, Grobo.

Football for me because I don't care that much about it. I was quite apathetic about basketball season this year, but I still managed to get really pissed most games, but didn't carry the anger with me for days after a loss like I normally do.

But, if (when) [Redacted] gets fired I think my vote will shift to basketball season. Him being gone will be the first time in four years I've felt at all decent about our program. Even if Wellman brings in a loser coach to replace him, I feel like the odds have to be in favor of him not being as big of a douche bag as [Redacted].

Football because Buzz wasn't on the sidelines and Devin wasn't whining and throwing teammates under the bus.

I enjoy the football season more, mainly because I love the atmosphere of game day and because of tax season I just don't have the time to enjoy basketball season as much. Of course since [Redacted] has been our coach there hasn't been much reason to enjoy basketball season.

I'm planning on eating lunch at my desk doing tax returns rather than have to watch the game.

Back