• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What the ACC will be talking about during kickoff event week...

I know we've each had our periods of woe and that one of us is guaranteed an L since we play each other yearly, but that is amazing that ourselves and Duke have never bowled in the same year.

Don't think that lasts too much longer

I know we've each had our periods of woe and that one of us is guaranteed an L since we play each other yearly, but that is amazing that ourselves and Duke have never bowled in the same year.

Don't think that lasts too much longer

I think duke is headed back to their less recent norm of winning 4-5 games a year tops but we will see.

A 4th year starter at QB ought to make a substantial difference. Ought to...

We will have a tough road to return to a bowl this year as the middle of our schedule is a killer. FSU and Louisville at home, with road games at Clemson, Notre Dame, and GA Tech. I doubt we will be favored in any of those games...

We end @Syracuse, and home against NCS and Duke. Not a sure win there especially if we are coming off a long losing streak.

But, if the offense we showed in the bowl game shows itself in the regular season, hope springs eternal.

Despite their habitual bluster, the doofus twins (or at least one of them) predict failure this year in football. It will be very tough to repeat our record from last season. Maybe they're learning something.

I think duke is headed back to their less recent norm of winning 4-5 games a year tops but we will see.

Just curious, any particular reason? Their recruiting has improved and Cut is still a very good coach. Even last year when they had injuries and didn't bowl they still won @ ND and beat UNC.

Despite their habitual bluster, the doofus twins (or at least one of them) predict failure this year in football. It will be very tough to repeat our record from last season. Maybe they're learning something.

By the same logic, shouldn't you be predicting us to do great things this year since you always predict us to fail, and were wrong last year?

Last edited:
Just curious, any particular reason? Their recruiting has improved and Cut is still a very good coach. Even last year when they had injuries and didn't bowl they still won @ ND and beat UNC.

By the same logic, shouldn't you be predicting us to do great things this year since you always predict us to fail, and were wrong last year?

Let me get this straight: We win @Duke and @IU, but lose to Army and BC at home (both Ws by me) and you call me being off by 1.5 games being "wrong"? I think you need to revise your assessments of "predictions". No one is prescient. No one. The most rational predictions are ones that combine past accomplishments with any material changes in the coming year, and factoring that with the same elements of your opponents. Compare my predictions against those of the doofi the past, say, 5 years and see who has been closer to the mark.

Do you believe predicting success when none is apparent is some sort of virtue? I mean, a lot of folks on here do. I think it's stupid and irrational, but hey, not everyone marches to the same drum.

#triggered. Weren't you just giving the doofi shit for their predictions?

But to answer the question, I don't really give a shit how good people are at predicting. What I do like is variety of thought and opinion

#triggered. Weren't you just giving the doofi shit for their predictions?

But to answer the question, I don't really give a shit how good people are at predicting. What I do like is variety of thought and opinion

I thought I was complimenting them on being more circumspect this time around, rather than being overly optimistic. I feel predictions should ideally be devoid of optimism and pessimism. And if one thought my predictions were pessimistic then you just need to look at our actual records.

To clear up actual #FakeNews, I predicted 16 wins in basketball last year and 6 wins in football. Here was my post on the football thread coming into last year:

The 5 games bolded above are, in my opinion, "must-wins" if we are going to make a bowl.

Then we need to either beat Cuse at home, or steal one on the road against Duke, State, or Indiana to get to 6.

That's certainly doable, and honestly should be expected.

I have obviously been wrong in my predictions in the past...that's part of predicting and having them stay out there due to running a blog about Wake Forest. I have no qualms admitting I am wrong, and if you would like I can go back and detail the past few years for you to take a look at as well since you seem to be pretty infatuated on my take on Wake Forest.

I think we will win 5 games this year in football. The team is better, but the schedule is much, much more difficult.

You mean we won't repeat that magical 7-6 season in which we got our asses kicked five of the last six regular season games by real competition? Say it ain't so!!!!!!

What Giglio says is a very common thought on this board. Some of us just aren't in as love with our own opinions as others.

You mean we won't repeat that magical 7-6 season in which we got our asses kicked five of the last six regular season games by real competition? Say it ain't so!!!!!!

Some people just can't be happy.

I think we could've got to 8-5 if 7-5 meant anything. With BC at 5-6 and needing a W to go bowling, and us at 6-5, there was only going to be one winner (part of why I think we might be able to sneak to 6-6 this year, with those State and Duke games at home to close out).

And I doubt anybody would be making such posts if we went 8-5

I don't think the ACC will be talking about us and Duke outside of our respective beat reporters, and even that's up in the air.

Back