• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What the hell just happened in the sky over LA?

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
Sounds like a ton of people saw a really bright light moving across the sky on the west coast with a few explosions. Lots of speculation but maybe a US military test?

There's some crazy footage already of it. Wondering what the experts here think.

ETA: media seems to be doubling down on reports that it was a naval missile test? Bizarre, to say the least.

Last edited:
Probably a meteor exploding in the atmosphere. OR ALIENS.

It was a "test fired missile from a submarine" according to the Navy because you always test fire missiles near the most heavily populated area in the US.

They are rerouting LAX flights all week for this

It was a "test fired missile from a submarine" according to the Navy because you always test fire missiles near the most heavily populated area in the US.

it looks like a comparable angle (and therefore distance) to where they test out of Wallops & DC

Jaden Smith all over this. He says it's a Russian missile from 2013.

#staywoke

This has kinda been fascinating to think about.

Social media is so weird. It's crazy to think that if something serious was actually happening, we'd still have (plenty of) folks live-tweeting their own demise. I know the reactions in some of the videos I've seen from last night are way different than I'd expect mine to be in similar circumstances.

Social media is so weird. It's crazy to think that if something serious was actually happening, we'd still have (plenty of) folks live-tweeting their own demise. I know the reactions in some of the videos I've seen from last night are way different than I'd expect mine to be in similar circumstances.

How do you think you'd react? I think in all the vids I've seen people are like "WTF is that" which seems pretty reasonable given how odd it looked.

The videos from that huge explosion in China were pretty eerie.

Back