• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What We Know, Don't Know, and Need to Know about ULM

Spragoo

Reaction score
I'm a long time board poster from way back in the day. Most of the time I lurk more than I post. However, I took a new side job covering the Deacs for CFBroundtable.com. Feel free to check out this week's WF article to start some discussion.

http://cfbroundtable.com/2014/deacs-head-ul-monroe-swamps-hidden-quack-mire/

Biggest question mark for me obviously is our O. Hope that Center-QB exchange is not an issue. Looking forward to tonight.

I don't see the exchanges being a problem unless there is an initial case of nerves/stage fright. Neither one of our guys has been used to making the exchange with someone else- a small benefit of both being brand spanking new.

I hope the most basic Center-QB exchange is not an issue, but you never know with two true freshman starting at those positions. Probably the bigger indicator will be the pace and tempo of the offense and whether we can get into a flow with so many new pieces not having played together in an actual game.

I think if we lined up under-center would be more cause for concern cause that seems to be an issue with getting used to a new center. Luckily we are primarily in the shotgun.

I would put the center - Quarterback exchange in the context of many changes that were made on offense. The bigger one to me is having another new guy at center making the line calls. However, with the new offense, that may be OK because he doesn't have to "unlearn" last years line calls. Let's hope he doesn't use his HS line calls in a moment of panic.

What I know: They play in Louisiana (presumably a town called Monroe); they beat us last year; they beat Alabama a few years ago
What I don't know: Everything else (literally. i can't remember their coach, players or even mascot)
What I need to know: who will win before it starts (for betting purposes)

What I know is that they demand to be called ULM and not Louisiana-Monroe.

I hope that Cory Helms can help Terry with the line calls and assignments. I'm a little nervous about a true freshman leading the line and calling out the blocks in his first ever collegiate game. I'm sure Clawson, Tabacca, and Ruggiero feel the same way.

Yep. Clawson actually made the same point in his press conference.

Back