• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When a dolt like Kanell slams every play call...

I like Kanell. Am I alone?

I like Kanell. Am I alone?

No. I was looking forward to having him as our color guy tonight and really thought he hit the nail on the head.

Granted, I grew up with FSU season tickets.

He's OK. No reason he should get so much opportunity at ESPN though. He was on Unite, on talk radio, now doing color...don't see what he brings to the table.

He was right to criticize the offense, but who wouldn't have.

He's OK. No reason he should get so much opportunity at ESPN though. He was on Unite, on talk radio, now doing color...don't see what he brings to the table.

He was right to criticize the offense, but who wouldn't have.

Have you watched a Wake basketball game in the past four years? Analysts aren't exactly always critical when they should be. In fact, it is the huge exception

Too many analysts regurgitate the talking points fed to them by Media Relations ... particularly the ones we tend to get working our games now. If we were better, we would get better analysts assigned to our games, who would have their own informed opinions and not have to rely on the input provided by Steve and his crew.

Have you watched a Wake basketball game in the past four years? Analysts aren't exactly always critical when they should be. In fact, it is the huge exception

Like I said, if he criticized us, he's just doing his job. You're right, not every analyst does that. That doesn't mean I give him special props. Because I still don't know what gets him all these gigs at ESPN that more talented people should have.

For example, I like SVP and Rusillo. I never understand when it's Kanell of all people who fills in for SVP.

Back